7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Are you sure you don't mean Keuchal?

Keuchel is by definition one of those "reliable" innings-eating middle of rotation vets.

Something along the lines of Maeda/Rich Hill/Jake Odorizzi....not a huge contract, but much more of an investment than Gio Gonzalez.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think he is being literal here. Just that he's not a guy with a perfect bill of health in his career.

Exactly, Eloy went down with an injury in the third game of the season that has already cost him multiple games.  This has nothing to do with COVID, these guys all have horrible track records.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think he is being literal here. Just that he's not a guy with a perfect bill of health in his career.

I know. It just bugs me when people complain about lineups when they have multiple starters out. The team should obviously have 5 starting outfielders on the roster and 7 starting infielders because obviously starting quality players will sign up for backup positions.

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

I know. It just bugs me when people complain about lineups when they have multiple starters out. The team should obviously have 5 starting outfielders on the roster and 7 starting infielders because obviously starting quality players will sign up for backup positions.

I complained all offseason about the lack of OF depth and wanted to sign a Cameron Maybin type on the cheap.  Again, this has nothing to do with COVID despite you trying to frame my argument that way.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What are you talking about?

You were referring to Mazara' and Jimenez injury history so they should have better backups. I was just curious as to injury Mazara had that the Sox should have predicted.

Just now, tray said:

Send Goins, Delmonico and Collins down.

Bring Madrigal, Mazara and Yermin up.

Mazara on IL (possibly Covid).    Yermin hasn't been getting consistent at-bats wherever he is, and you can't bench EE five games into a season after you gave him that much money just to hit.   Yermin has the type of game where he almost has to play 75-80% of the time, and that would be fine on the 2016-2019 Chicago White Sox teams.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I complained all offseason about the lack of OF depth and wanted to sign a Cameron Maybin type on the cheap.  Again, this has nothing to do with COVID despite you trying to frame my argument that way.

I wasn't framing it that way. I just see how the sox should have 5 outfielders of starter quality that would agree to backup contracts. 

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

After growing up watching Zambrano on the other side of the city I'm gonna take a HARD pass here. 

Hey if it works, it works. Just gotta keep them away from guitar hero

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You were referring to Mazara' and Jimenez injury history so they should have better backups. I was just curious as to injury Mazara had that the Sox should have predicted.

Probably his long list of injury problems last year...although it was equally non-performance.  Hard to separate one from the other.