7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I missed some of the first game, but I haven’t seen them throw an inside pitch to a righty hitter all game.  Make a freaking adjustment.

Yep. They refuse to hit it the other way except for one Robert single in the first game

28 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah. And I like Engel as a backup OF. Just not someone you want to rely on for long periods of time. If he were a 5th OF, sure.

He IS the 5th OF.  Maybe even 6th.

Robert/Eloy/Nomar are you starters. Leury is next, but playing 2nd until Madrigal is "ready". Then comes Engel and Nicky.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

He IS the 5th OF.  Maybe even 6th.

Robert/Eloy/Nomar are you starters. Leury is next, but playing 2nd until Madrigal is "ready". Then comes Engel and Nicky.

Then they should have acquired another middle infielder, especially a lefty.  There’s a reason a lot of people were hoping for Holt, Miller, etc.

Just now, fathom said:

Then they should have acquired another middle infielder, especially a lefty.  There’s a reason a lot of people were hoping for Holt, Miller, etc.

And it wasn’t like they didn’t know that Madrigal needed to “work on things” to start the season. Poor lineup decision making and poor foresight by management, no other excuse is acceptable 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Have you seen the bullpens of the Cubs and Astros?  Colome and Cishek would be welcome additions

Not for anything worth trading them for. You might get an interesting A-baller at best. 

Edited by Jack Parkman