7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech opting out and López being injured. (Along with Gio G being a lemon) just destroyed this pitching 

No reason at all at this point to expect anything out of Kopech going into next year after the past two seasons.  I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him provide half a season.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You mean a GOOD right fielder. Our guys WAR benefits from Robert. 

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Routine flyballs where the corner OF is camped under should be left for him to catch. Eventually it will lead to a drop or injury if they keep letting this go 

To top it off, the Cubs are off to the opposite start.  Couldn't have wished it on a nicer ownership group. 

Honestly, it's pretty sad that five games into the season, you're (already) almost hoping for cancellation of the season, despite knowing in the back of your mind that so many of the young players need to continue their development tracks.   Not hoping for anyone to get sick or even be hospitalized, but just that there's a final recognition of how screwed up this entire year has been, ever since January.

It feels to me as if 2-3 years have already passed, and it's only 7 months.

Thoughts and prayers!  I know, I know, quite fortunate to still have a job, but still depressing to reflect upon the looming realization international travel might not be allowed for MANY months still and that next summer vacation is going to be cut in half yet again.   Life.    Two co-workers have had total mental breakdowns or been basically incapacitated.

Baseball was supposed to be a welcome respite.  And it was, for brief periods Friday and most of Saturday afternoon.   Guess we're not used to following a team that's expected to perform up to expectations, forgot how it felt like after the last decade.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

To top it off, the Cubs are off to the opposite start.  Couldn't have wished it on a nicer ownership group. 

Honestly, it's pretty sad that five games into the season, you're (already) almost hoping for cancellation of the season, despite knowing in the back of your mind that so many of the young players need to continue their development tracks.   Not hoping for anyone to get sick or even be hospitalized, but just that there's a final recognition of how screwed up this entire year has been, ever since January.

It feels to me as if 2-3 years have already passed, and it's only 7 months.

Thoughts and prayers!  I know, I know, quite fortunate to still have a job, but still depressing to reflect upon the looming realization international travel might not be allowed for MANY months still and that next summer vacation is going to be cut in half yet again.   Life.   

I'd still rather watch bad baseball than no baseball.

If they win tomorrow, we can step off the ledge for a day.