7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

After this double header I'm actually more optimistic than the start of the day. The relief pitching looks great. Giolito gets a chance to rebound and the most important parts are hitting - Moncada, Robert and they get Eloy, mazara and madrigal all this weekend. It's a brutal start, but the starter situation will work itself out this next week and it's either A. Going to get better and they compete... Or B. it's a disaster and we get to see a ton of Lambert, dunning and they know what they have going into 2021. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

After this double header I'm actually more optimistic than the start of the day. The relief pitching looks great. Giolito gets a chance to rebound and the most important parts are hitting - Moncada, Robert and they get Eloy, mazara and madrigal all this weekend. It's a brutal start, but the starter situation will work itself out this next week and it's either A. Going to get better and they compete... Or B. it's a disaster and we get to see a ton of Lambert, dunning and they know what they have going into 2021. 

I agree completely but I think if it goes B then we end up with way too much Detweiler and Gio G instead of guys you want to see get reps.  

Here’s to some A

5 hours ago, Richie said:

The team looks fundamentally out of sync in every aspect of the game. It's early but they have to figure some stuff out. Not hitting any panic button, but looking like this vs KC would be... alarming.

Cooper does a terrible job in getting his starters mentally prepared.

3 hours ago, GradMc said:

Cooper does a terrible job in getting his starters mentally prepared.

I have to say...it's getting old to trail in most games after 1 inning.    The pitchers are never prepared to walk to the mound and start pitching.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

Let’s practice!

What makes you qualified for this position?

I'm "The Worlds Biggest White Sox Fan". (WBWSF) I've been a season ticket holder for years. I see virtually every White Sox game. That alone should get me an interview. Our present GM has numerous degrees. I only have one degree. All of Hahns degrees  hasn't brought any success as a GM. He has been a failure as a GM. His record speaks for itself. Realistically, if I had the GM job I couldn't do any worse than him. I've said it before and i will say it again. I would give JR the most unforgetable interview of his life.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

Edited by WBWSF

I really didnt want to see Engle or Nicky on this team but it is what it is, our weak links are actually in the front office IE Hahn and the two running the team (RR) and pitching coach (Coop) OR maybe the 2020 White Sox are just not good at the sport of baseball

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Delmonico would be in Schaumburg if Mazara was healthy, so I don't understand the frustration of him being on the roster. Batting in the middle of the line up, I can see that argument.

Being on the roster.. no one disagrees with.. But starting every game but 1 and batting in the middle of the order in just about every game.... WTF is going on.