Ozzie calling out Ricky's lineups

ron883

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

They are going to hit, I'm pretty confident of that if they stay healthy. No doubt this team has a zillion 5 home run games in them with so many guys going for the fences as is the desired approach these days.

They also have a top 5 OPS despite facing pretty good pitching, and despite playing a guy with a wRC+ of 1 every game. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox have a top 5 OPS in baseball; their offense/plate discipline has been fine. Sequencing hasn't been on their side so far, but there offense has been great.

Yes, the slugging has been very good so far.

But they scored 10 runs in game 2. They've scored 13 runs in the other 4 games combined. 

They're in the bottom half of the league in walks and they've struck out the 6th most times in the league. 

If we don't make the playoffs, Renteria and the staff better be gone. Sox have been making a lot of changes, some public, some private, but hopefully they prove me wrong and can Renteria if this season falls apart. 

I remember the Sunday lineups well.  But how much of what we remember was just bad players on the roster who had no business being there?  In '05 his Sunday lineups went 16-10 and had the same winning percentage the team ended the season at.  In '06 they were 14-13.  So slightly worse, but still not sub .500.  Sure there might be better ways to rotate your Starters and get them rest over the course of the season, but a lot of that has to do with roster construction.  Did Ozzie put guys like Wise on the team?  On that same note, did Ricky put guys like Delmonico on the team?

I don't think Ozzie is the answer, but I do know that Ricky isn't it either.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If we don't make the playoffs, Renteria and the staff better be gone. Sox have been making a lot of changes, some public, some private, but hopefully they prove me wrong and can Renteria if this season falls apart. 

I don't think Ricky can survive a poor season.  I actually don't know that he survives a poor 1st half of the season (but small sample size and unique circumstance of season might make it hard.   

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

If he is doing that, then he is the dumbest man alive. He's not ever going to manage again. Geez. We are in an era there was a violent protest held in Grant Park not even two weeks ago. Chicago like the rest of the country is ON EDGE. The world is ALL about PC and he can't be PC. If he gets named manager, immediately everyone will dig out his statements of the past, put them on Twitter and the Sox will have to cancel/fire him in ONE DAY. ... Maybe he's trying to be a good analyst on TV. 

PC culture is ruining our country, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Butter Parque said:

Yes, the slugging has been very good so far.

But they scored 10 runs in game 2. They've scored 13 runs in the other 4 games combined. 

They're in the bottom half of the league in walks and they've struck out the 6th most times in the league. 

Having an uneven distribution of runs is normal. No team that averages 5 runs a game scores 5 runs every game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

PC culture is ruining our country, plain and simple.

The culture on both sides which distracts from addressing, let alone fixing, what is actually wrong with the country is what's really ruining it...that abundant hyper-partisanship on progressive and conservative extremes of the spectrum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1