Ozzie calling out Ricky's lineups

ron883

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I mean wasn't it Ozzie who was known for the "Sunday" lineup that had all kinds of odd things.  Didn't Timo Perez hit cleanup once or twice?  

That's the only thing I didn't like about Ozzie's tenure. I felt he was conceding Sunday games. Even sometimes we'd be trying for a sweep of some bad team and we'd concede on Sunday. I love and loved Ozzie though. Again he isn't going to ever be Sox manager again. Just like his comments today (which I can't hear; MLB.com doesn't carry pre or post game) he's too controversial obviously. I'd say Ozzie's chances of managing anywhere in MLB again are 2 percent. His chance of managing the Sox again is 1 percent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If they lose tonight, Ricky might have maybe another week to turn it around. 

I'd prefer someone like Jirschele to Ozzie though. I thought Hahn was supposed to be trying to transition the org to being more analytics oriented.

Jirschele is our manager of the future I believe.  The future is getting closer every day with these lineup decisions.

• Like 1

Just now, poppysox said:

Jirschele is our manager of the future I believe.  The future is getting closer every day with these lineup decisions.

Is Harold still on the staff? I could see JR going with Baines.

48 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Lol calm damn there sparky. It's not an insult, it doesn't make the season that did happen any less amazing...but yes the 05 team was a fluke, as in highly likely to be repeated. A lot of things came together that year that don't usually happen to a team all in 1 season, especially in the pitching staff. Fluke doesn't have to mean bad, you're taking the Dilfer reference too literal (or it was just a bad reference). That Ravens team was also incredible, regardless who their QB was. 

Yes a historically dominant team is always unlikely to be repeated but they still won 90 games the next year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sin city sox fan said:

If Ozzie was manager, we’d likely be 4-1 (at worst) instead of 1-4

Does Ozzie pitch too? I hope so, because as bad as RR's batting lineups are, the pitching is a while lot of awful right now. There's no way we're winning two games against the Twins, regardless of the manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skooch said:

Does Ozzie pitch too? I hope so, because as bad as RR's batting lineups are, the pitching is a while lot of awful right now. There's no way we're winning two games against the Twins, regardless of the manager.

If you’re a pitcher and looked at some of these lineups being sent out, would you be inspire to do well?

Nothing that Darin Erstad couldn't fix, right Oz?

He's right of course, Rickeys (both of them) are out of their league, but he shouldn't be catcalling anything.

And the elevation of Delmonico, who was cut last summer,  is weird.

Edited by GreenSox

You can't defend him on any level.  The team isn't ready to play.  He puts the team in bad positions.  He has a bizarre pattern of using too many relievers even for 2020 MLB.  He actually asked a MVP level player (granted in a burgeoning year) to bunt a man over and said player promptly ripped a double.

There are at least two "rumors" of him NOT KNOWING WHAT HANDEDNESS THE OPPOSING STARTER WAS!

He needs to go.  This bullshit half measure Owner needs to get real.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If they lose tonight, Ricky might have maybe another week to turn it around. 

I'd prefer someone like Jirschele to Ozzie though. I thought Hahn was supposed to be trying to transition the org to being more analytics oriented.

Ozzie will be fired before Renteria.

• Like 1

It hardly feels like the coaching staff, front office and players are approaching every single game like it's a single elimination playoff game.

Not much of a sense of urgency.  Obviously, when you're not playing well, it seems like everything that can go wrong will go wrong and you're never going to win another game for the rest of the season.

That said, every single game is essentially worth 2.7 games in a regular season of 162 games, so we're already played 13.5 games out of 162.   No time to panic, and it wouldn't be the end of the world disguised in the middle of the season and not the first couple of weeks or pennant drive...need to pull their heads out of their asses and right the ship before it totally gets away from them on this first extended road trip.

Talk about hitting Robert #3/4 anytime soon is pretty crazy...unless he really shows he's 100% got his feet under him after the first 2-3 weeks, then you look at possibly moving him up to 5/6.    The biggest problem is missing Jimenez's bat from the line-up, not where Luis Robert is positioned in the batting order.

Edited by caulfield12