7/29 Sox vs Indians GT

soxfan49

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Lots of negativity here is warranted, but let's remember it's only 5 games into the season. A win here could turn things around quickly. Let's get a strong win and go on a winning streak. All the sudden we will be back into the thick of things!

It's a new day. 

On the other hand, a loss here would be pretty damaging.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Lots of negativity here is warranted, but let's remember it's only 5 games into the season. A win here could turn things around quickly. Let's get a strong win and go on a winning streak. All the sudden we will be back into the thick of things!

It's a new day. 

On the other hand, a loss here would be pretty damaging.

I agree, but I think it's the underlying issues that are worrisome, more so than the results. 

It's expanding the strikezone, not taking walks, not making routine plays in the field, overthrowing cut-off men.

These have been issues for years, and through 5 games, they haven't been fixed. 

Those are going to lead to losses, regardless of how talented your players are. 

8 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Isn't this exactly why you use an opener? We have some excellent bullpen options that would rock as openers.

Except that the bullpen has been used extensively already and really could use a day where the starter goes 8.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Five games is 14 games in 2020 years. It's basically a  3-11 start. 

Yes, but those conversions don’t mean much because we could easily win three games in a row that would get us those “8 games” back. It’s all relative. I’m not a big fan of the whole “every game actually counts for 2.7 games” thought process. 

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Thanks 1