7/29 Sox vs Indians GT

soxfan49

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, hogan873 said:

Robert is so much better than I bet many expected.  That was a great AB.  Didn’t try to do anything crazy.  Just hit the ball.

He is definitely making contact more often than I thought he would this early in the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Robert is so much better than I bet many expected.  That was a great AB.  Didn’t try to do anything crazy.  Just hit the ball.

I love his presence.   His defense is other worldly.

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

He is definitely making contact more often than I thought he would this early in the season.

As I tell my son - he is going to be a flat out superstar - like 6WAR type of player.  He just has "it". I really wonder how amazing the Mets guy is that there was another individual ranked ahead of Robert (unless you are worried he can't stay healthy). Offensively and Defensively - he has it all.  

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

I mean, he has 9 K's in 24 PA's and a 57.5% contact rate before tonight - I think it's under 50% now. But the key has been that when he has hit the ball, he has made great contact.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

As I tell my son - he is going to be a flat out superstar - like 6WAR type of player.  He just has "it". I really wonder how amazing the Mets guy is that there was another individual ranked ahead of Robert (unless you are worried he can't stay healthy). Offensively and Defensively - he has it all.  

I agree. I was confident he would get there, just thought his swing and miss would be more of a weakness early on.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, he has 9 K's in 24 PA's and a 57.5% contact rate before tonight - I think it's under 50% now. But the key has been that when he has hit the ball, he has made great contact.

I guess it's kind of what I expected then. Just doesn't seem that way.