Lambert to the IL

soxfan49

Nova, Santiago, Detwiler, Despaigne, Ruiz, Burr, Santana.

Let’s GO!

”We can’t accurately assess the performance of Rick Hahn until at least the end of 2021 due to the plethora of injuries to strike the organization.”

Checks list of starters for today, cringes at the name Frankie Montas yet again.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think that’s very possible, especially given the weird summer camp routines every pitcher had to deal with.

This is my hope.  I knew there would be a lot of pitching problems coming into this season, hopefully this is one of those aches and pains things, and not the TJS failing.

I wrote a little something small about Lambert in a random blog piece today and he went on the IL like 3 minutes later. I'm sorry Jimmy, I mushed you:

https://www.ecopolibbling.com/post/five-games-is-still-just-five-games

" While I am a fan of their arm talent, they (being Lambert and Dunning) are both coming off Tommy John surgery and neither one has thrown 100 innings at AA combined. Lambert’s repertoire plays really well in the modern MLB game – he lives up in the zone with a + fastball that doesn’t have elite spin (2205 RPM) but has enough deception and velocity to get swinging strikes (17% Whiff Rate), and pairs it with an average to average+ curve ball that he keeps down, mostly away, in the zone and a change up that he has done a nice job keeping away from righties."

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

First, you can never have too much pitching.

2005 has resulted in a fifteen year curse.  The negative side wins out today, the side that questions the very one-sided nature of being a White Sox fan

Of course, thoughts and prayers, feel terrible for the guy...Burger, Rodon, Dunning, Giolito, now Lopez (the only one not to have had at least one major surgery entering 2020), Kopech, Cease, the list just goes on and on and on.

That’s not even counting Eloy Jimenez.  Micker Adolfo had the tools to be a superstar at one point in time (minus speed.)

If it wasn’t for that World Series, we might be the “unluckiest/least fortunate” franchise in baseball.  And if it wasn’t for the players acquired for Sale, Eaton and Q (and the Robert signing), Hahn would be out of a job and we’d be in the midst of a perma-rebuild.  Trading one of the Top Ten players in baseball and a Top Ten MVP vote recipient don’t exactly help the cause.

PS:  Jared Mitchell and pretty much every Sox pitching prospect from 1998-2001 minus Buehrle and Fogg say hello.  About five years ago, our primary niche advantage was keeping players healthy.  That’s been turned on its head.

The Sox remain what they are: A team with several electric, all-star everyday players and a pitching staff, that evidence suggests, is so average to poor it probably will prevent the team from being a playoff contender. Right now it's Keuchel, Kopech (on hold a year) and pray Cease and Giolito are sensational and Rodon is well above average. I've pretty much given up on Lopez as being anything possibly special. Also we can disagree but the bullpen IMO is not playoff caliber either. We shall see. We know this. We have stars in Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Tim, maybe Madrigal, Jose, McCann, Grandal and EE. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Sox remain what they are: A team with several electric, all-star everyday players and a pitching staff, that evidence suggests, is so average to poor it probably will prevent the team from being a playoff contender. Right now it's Keuchel, Kopech (on hold a year) and pray Cease and Giolito are sensational and Rodon is well above average. I've pretty much given up on Lopez as being anything possibly special. Also we can disagree but the bullpen IMO is not playoff caliber either. We shall see. We know this. We have stars in Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Tim, maybe Madrigal, Jose, McCann, Grandal and EE. 

Vaughn should be a beast of a hitting machine, too...

58 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I actually... *gulp*... agree

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Recovery (full or even better) rate is roughly 60% for second compared to 80% for initial, but the number of starting pitchers in MLB history who have thrown 500+ innings after two surgeries/revisions (over the remainder of their careers) can be fully counted on less than two hands.

Jace Fry and Daniel Hudson would be two examples in that particular category.

The current literature is about 89% return to previously level of play for the first reconstruction. There hasn't been much written on the second one. i;m not sure where you found those numbers but I'm surprised they are that high.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I think that’s very possible, especially given the weird summer camp routines every pitcher had to deal with.

That's the hope but there are very few reasons why a forearm strain occurs. Most aren't good especially for a previous UCL injury.

15 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Wow.. Burdi brothers all over again. 

Speaking of Burdi seems to me it's doubtful if he is feeling 100% too. If he was, I see no reason why he wouldn't be here instead of Matt Foster. Burdi pitched 4 pretty good innings in the 1st spring training then was nowhere to be found in summer camp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Speaking of Burdi seems to me it's doubtful if he is feeling 100% too. If he was, I see no reason why he wouldn't be here instead of Matt Foster. Burdi pitched 4 pretty good innings in the 1st spring training then was nowhere to be found in summer camp.

This is quite odd. The MPFL reconstruction he had seemed rehabed well because of that outing. 

• 4 weeks later...