More rule changes for 2020?

southsider2k5

17 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'm not arguing that it has to adapt -- baseball has a lot of work to do -- I am far from a traditionalist. It's the way they go about it that's a big issue. 

I agree with having DH in both leagues ( consistency of rules is important to me, if one league plays with DH the other should too, etc).

But I don't agree with forcing pitchers to face 3 batters because it will supposedly 'speed up the game'. That IMO is not true. 
I don't agree with starting with a runner on 2b in extra innings because that's fabricated. If a team can't hit against opposing pitchers, those pitchers should be rewarded, not punished further.
Problem with this rule (in this thread) is that every game baseball plays is 9 innings. All the sudden now you are going to make double headers worth 7 inning games. That's inconsistent IMO. It also doesn't cure the problem it tries to cure which is to protect the players IMO. What's 4 more innings? Use the full rosters! 

Those 4 innings are going to be huge if you keep playing games in August and September without any off days, adding another 10-20 IP per week of high leverage/playoff-type games...and multiple doubleheaders per month if not per week.

Even with expanded pitching staffs, it's going to take a huge toll on the starters as well as top 3-4 relievers on the back end.    Having those guys go multiple innings 2-3 times per week, without having had a full spring training, it's just a recipe for disaster.