AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Sox need to take at least 2 of 3 from Kansas City. A 4-5 start wouldn’t be horrible all things considered.

Yep, just win series going forward and we will be good.

• Thanks 2

Nice win. Makes me believe/hope our starters simply weren't ready to start the season which is understandable considering the wacky repeat of spring training. Hopefully our pitchers will copy Gio and all will rebound and have better starts as Gio did today. It would be nice to start winning series starting now in KC.

We're 0-2 on series but tonight was nice. Obviously it coulda gone either way and we'd be down had we lost again today.

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

With 24 games still against the royals, tigers and pirates you still have to feel solid on a wildcard chance

I wonder if everyone who hates the idea of the wild card will change their minds now. We are probably toast for the division. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wonder if everyone who hates the idea of the wild card will change their minds now. We are probably toast for the division. 

I don't think that is true at all. We are definitely a tier behind the Twins right now, but even in dropping 2/3 against CLE, I think we showed we are every bit as good as them. 

Two worst-case outings from starters on the road led to a 2 run and 1 run loss, and then a 4-0 shutout win. We are dead even in talent with CLE imo right now, and way more potential for growth.

Edited by gusguyman

24 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I don't think that is true at all. We are definitely a tier behind the Twins right now, but even in dropping 2/3 against CLE, I think we showed we are every bit as good as them. 

Two worst-case outings from starters on the road led to a 2 run and 1 run loss, and then a 4-0 shutout win. We are dead even in talent with CLE imo right now, and way more potential for growth.

But Minnesota is the winner not Cleveland. 

58 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

But Minnesota is the winner not Cleveland. 

Oh sorry I misinterpreted what you meant. Right now 1st and 2nd in all divisions automatically make the playoffs I think, then there are 2 additional wild cards, so I didn't realize you were referring to the 2nd place auto-qualification as a wild card.

Edited by gusguyman

1 hour ago, peanut33tillman said:

Heading into KC with Mazara and Madrigal likely back/up and EE struggling what do we think about a lineup like this Friday night?

Anderson

Moncada

Robert

Eloy

Abreu

Mccann

Grandal

Mazara

Madrigal

Flip flop Abreu and Robert and pray Madrigal is ready and Mazara is competent and you have a winner here. Also EE has to play every day. As much as I love McCann, Grandal is the everyday catcher. McCann is the odd man out as much as I like him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

Heading into KC with Mazara and Madrigal likely back/up and EE struggling what do we think about a lineup like this Friday night?

Anderson

Moncada

Robert

Eloy

Abreu

Mccann

Grandal

Mazara

Madrigal

I like this lineup but you and I both know Abreu won't be batting fifth.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So the big negative on the scouting reports of Luis Robert was that he was easy to fool with off speed stuff and he had a poor approach at the plate. I barely saw him in the minors, but through 6 games his pitch recognition has been top notch, and he has crushed off speed stuff. He hss been mature beyond his years at the plate so far. He hasn't swung at much pitchers pitches, and he doesn't try too much at the plate. Robert has been lightyears past my expectations. 

I swear he's reminded me of Abreu lately going with the pitch to RF for a hit the other day for the 2 run single today  going up the middle today, Nobody appreciates RBI's any more but Abreu knows how to knock them in and if he is counseling Robert that's not a bad thing. The kid appears to be wise beyond his years when it comes to hitting. Natural ability only takes you so far.

• Like 1

Nothing really lost yet, projections say you only need to play .500 this year to get the last playoff spot. So as long sox are not more than 1 or 2 games below 500 after 30 games they have a good chance because after the Yankees, rays, twins, Indians and Astros and As there are still two spots left for the angels, white sox, red Sox and blue jays with the rest of the teams sucking.

Somebody behind giolito and keuchel in the rotation needs to step up though.

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1

I only saw the 9th as the 6pm start times are by far the worst.

Anyhoo great win, and it continues to be so funny to me that we have to live in this world where we pretend that Ryan goins is more major league ready than Madrigal for oh, 1 more day

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I swear he's reminded me of Abreu lately going with the pitch to RF for a hit the other day for the 2 run single today  going up the middle today, Nobody appreciates RBI's any more but Abreu knows how to knock them in and if he is counseling Robert that's not a bad thing. The kid appears to be wise beyond his years when it comes to hitting. Natural ability only takes you so far.

Like I said I didn't see him a lot in the minors,  but he could do a lot worse than following Abreus approach with runners on. Don't know if the approach is new, or even SSS, but he has impressed me so far. 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bullpen did a great job, but they were used heavily.  Hopefully they won't need to dip into those resources as often going forward.  Last thing we need is to deplete the bullpen because the starters can't go more than 5 innings.