Mark Buehrle - Speed Runner

knightni

Awesome, high quality video. I love it. Well done to those who produced that. Buehrle is one of a kind. 

I believe they got inspiration from this guy, SummoningSalt. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/SummoningSalt

He produces videos that show the progress and history of various videogames, mostly classics. Speed running is not something I find enjoyable to watch, but the videos are extremely entertaining. If you played any classic games in the past, I advise checking to see if he has a speed run history video for the game. His videos are very entertaining. 

I am a gamer.  What I dislike is new games having achievements and such with speed running in mind.  It's one thing to do it to a game like Mario, or Contra.  Another story completely to find some stupid way to beat and RPG in ten minutes.  But speed running seems to be all the rage these days.

29 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I am a gamer.  What I dislike is new games having achievements and such with speed running in mind.  It's one thing to do it to a game like Mario, or Contra.  Another story completely to find some stupid way to beat and RPG in ten minutes.  But speed running seems to be all the rage these days.

Does it? They have the 2-week long nonstop speed running fundraiser every year, which I think is awesome. Other than that, these speedrunners play games non freaking stop over and over again, having to restart the entire game if they make one minor mistake. There is very little glory in it, as most of these guys are unknown. They also barely make any money in comparison to other twitch streamers. 

Speed running in brutal to most. Those who do it spend boatloads of time and get very little recognition or money for it.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

I should have clarified, it's all the rage to watch.  A complete pain to do.  I don't think people care who is doing the speed run, they just enjoy watching them, hence why I agree there is very little glory or money in it.  But I'm sure some Twitch speed runners make decent money from doing it.  But watching someone practice is boring as fuck.  That's why the Games Done Quick is so popular, because generally you aren't seeing all the trash they practiced to do what they are doing.  And for some games, there might literally be one or two people who actually speed run it, just trying to set a new world record.  More people watch it than take part for sure.

18 hours ago, soulfly said:

SAST  Short Attention Span Theater