July 31

Blackout Friday

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Whoever won the 29th can restart this. 

interesting the royals are starting a top prospect kris bubic.  He is a nice arm, but shouldn’t have any business facing mlb hitters.  

So no one should be shocked when he pitches 7 innings striking out 9

• Like 2

Finally get maybe some mojo going and we get an off day.  I think it's at a good time tho, let the guys enjoy the day in KC (hopefully not too socially) and come out firing tmr.  A sweep in KC and all is forgotten from the first week.  2/3 would be fine but anything less would be a disaster.  This is a bad, no good, awful Royals club.

2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

He's in Schaumburg and Getz said today that he's "close" whatever the fuck that means. So we may not see him in the KC series.

Maybe they're waiting for the next home series. Would make sense if he has to travel separately to KC for covid exposure reasons. Expecting both he and Mazara for Milwaukee. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Maybe they're waiting for the next home series. Would make sense if he has to travel separately to KC for covid exposure reasons. Expecting both he and Mazara for Milwaukee. 

Mazara should be fine to travel to KC since he’s recovered & currently immune (who knows for how long though). 

45 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Whoever won the 29th can restart this. 

interesting the royals are starting a top prospect kris bubic.  He is a nice arm, but shouldn’t have any business facing mlb hitters.  

Then why even make it in the first place? 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

That account was just created and has 10 followers, following zero accounts. Doubting this guy's credibility.

I love that somebody would create all that just for fun.  I would have done this type of stuff for sure back in the 90s no doubt.  But all we had was trolling AOL chat rooms.   

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Kalapse said:

He's in Schaumburg and Getz said today that he's "close" whatever the fuck that means. So we may not see him in the KC series.

They're trying to foreclose a service time grievance by saying "if it was really about service time, he would have been up at the first opportunity, especially since we were 2-4 at the time." Basically they have to wait a decent interval after the moment they get the additional year so as to have some cover.

I assume same is true for Dunning so we will have to wait another series for him too.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think he's going to be ready until the Milwaukee series. He just got to Schaumburg Tuesday. 

That’ll be 3 days worth of activities. Plus he was taking part in summer camp scrimmages before his absence. I think he’ll be fine. 

I fully understand the White Sox holding him out 5 games for the year of control, but why must Getz play the "he's close" game. If Kris Bryant didn't win a grievance, Nick Madrigal has no shot. It isn't like what he is doing in Schaumburg is going to make him more MLB ready. It's really to keep as much rust off as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I fully understand the White Sox holding him out 5 games for the year of control, but why must Getz play the "he's close" game. If Kris Bryant didn't win a grievance, Nick Madrigal has no shot. It isn't like what he is doing in Schaumburg is going to make him more MLB ready. It's really to keep as much rust off as possible. 

He has to say something like that. He can't just say "today is the day we get the extra year of control, so he will be up in two days." It's BS but he has to respond with something like that.

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not necessarily. Counsel for the player could easily argue its distinguishable from Bryant since the Bryant case still involved actual minor league games as opposed to just taxi squad practices. Actual games against a variety of different opponents and pitchers is much more specifically  tailored for real, legitimate player development than not even playing actual games and doing just drills and BP against the same small set of guys, which wouldn't even involve scouting reports and the same type of film study and preparation as the real thing. 

Thats why the Sox need to wait a "decent interval" after the point when the extra year was obtained to try and proactively defang an argument like this, so that they can make it look like the demotion wasn't just a pretext for service time (even though it plainly is). I also would expect, if it got to an actual arbitration, for the Sox to point out that the Sox were struggling at 2-4 and in need of a major upgrade at 2nd, particularly defensively, given Garcia's errors, and yet still kept Madrigal down for another 3 games which would actually translate to almost 10 games in a normal season. That could also be persuasive evidence of a legitimate desire for player development.

Edited by SoCalChiSox