7/31 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reported to Schaumburg on Tuesday . I mean if he can be among those guys and without games how much is there for him to do there? I have to think he's going to be in KC but nothing official.

White Sox director of player development Chris Getz said Mazara(illness) had nine at-bats Wednesday and hit the ball hard again Thursday, Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/white-soxs-nomar-mazara-nearing-return/amp/

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yea try to get timing down in Schaumburg but like I said he should be in KC. It's possible he left Thurday night or this morning . If so I think he would miss game 1 but possibly be in the lineup for Game 2

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Enjoy the games while they last guys, not sure the season will continue for too much longer.

If they plan on playing with 18 players one team getting COVID, my guess the only thing stopping them is someone getting severely ill.  Let’s all hope that doesn’t happen for the sake of the players and our own sanity.

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Are we really facing a pitcher tonight who hasn’t pitched above A ball?

Yes, but Bubic is highly regarded. Sox have trouble with guys with medium stuff who can hit their spots, so let's hope they take advantage of his first start.

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Adding Madrigal and Mazara should make a big difference in the offense. There is zero excuse not to take 2 of 3 against KC. 

Hitting with runners in scoring position would have improved the offense. When they are high in HR's and SLG in the league but not so great in runs scored that means we need to take more walks and be clutch. Abreu is usually the clutch guy but he's been bad so far with RISP.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Is McCann Keuchel’s personal catcher or something?  Not hating on the decision, just odd that both his starts have been handled by James.

Considering one of the reason Keuchel supposedly came here was Grandal I doubt it.  But Keuchel and McCann went to college together, I would think there might be a connection that way.