7/31 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yes, but Bubic is highly regarded. Sox have trouble with guys with medium stuff who can hit their spots, so let's hope they take advantage of his first start.

Especially lefties. 

33 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yearnin' wouldn't have Abreu always 3rd. Might not even have him playing at all.

Damn right. If i was manager, i would smack that fat lipper right out of Abreu's mouth and tell him to grab some bench.

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Damn right. If i was manager, i would smack that fat lipper right out of Abreu's mouth and tell him to grab some bench.

If I was the manager, I would demand that Rick Hahn carry 4 catchers and then start Seby the first game he comes up. :cool:

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Madrigal ends up leadoff long term, especially if hes a 300/360/410 guy.

Robert has too much power and will prolly not have enough OBP for the role and Anderson likely won't be able to sustain such a high average such that he can get to 350 OBP with only a 2 percent walk rate. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Madrigal ends up leadoff long term, especially if hes a 300/360/410 guy.

Robert has too much power and will prolly not have enough OBP for the role and Anderson likely won't be able to sustain such a high average such that he can get to 350 OBP with only a 2 percent walk rate. 

My dream is that it's Magic, Robert, Moncada, Eloy - but I don't see Ricky ever taking Anderson out of the top 2 spots. Good problem to have I guess. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

My dream is that it's Magic, Robert, Moncada, Eloy - but I don't see Ricky ever taking Anderson out of the top 2 spots. Good problem to have I guess. 

I think Moncada is super comfy at 2 I dont think he wants to move from there. I dont think Ricky will last too long in this job as expectations start to heat up.

I'd like to see us add Joc next year for RF. If they accede to Robert's desire to leadoff, I could see something like this vs RHP.

1 Robert R

2 Moncada L

3 Vaughn R

4 Jimenez R

5 Pederson L

6 Anderson R

7 Grandal L

8 Abreu R

9 Madrigal R

This lineup would wreck worlds.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Unless Madrigal is a much better hitter than we all think he is....I kind of hope that doesn't happen. Lets say it's the start of the 2022 season and you've got a group of hitters that include Abreu-Anderson-Eloy-Grandal-Madrigal-Moncada-Robert-Vaughn (Just went alphabetical there).......do you really want Madrigal getting the most AB's out of any of those guys over the course of a season? Put your best hitters at the top of the lineup. If 1-9 is deep enough, they'll win a bunch of games. 

I just love what this lineup is going to look like for a long long time.  Like LOOOVE.  This is like vintage early to mid 2000 Sox type lineups (and quite possibly - better).  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Are you related to Tony Gwynn?  You’re taking that tobacco habit a bit more seriously than anyone else, considering it’s a product legally sold to those of the age of consent in America, not unlike alcohol.

Now you can argue MLB should set a better example for kids, even be role models (see Hollywood and advertising bans on smoking)...but there are many areas where adults certainly SHOULD be better role models and yet we simply argue that we need to protect our freedoms instead of finding common ground on universal values.  It can’t be both ways, selective, only when we personally find something distasteful.   Aren’t we then essentially legislating morality for others?

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think Moncada is super comfy at 2 I dont think he wants to move from there. I dont think Ricky will last too long in this job as expectations start to heat up.

I'd like to see us add Joc next year for RF. If they accede to Robert's desire to leadoff, I could see something like this vs RHP.

1 Robert R

2 Moncada L

3 Vaughn R

4 Jimenez R

5 Pederson L

6 Anderson R

7 Grandal L

8 Abreu R

9 Madrigal R

This lineup would wreck worlds.

The American League RBI champ hitting 8th...might as well throw George Springer into that lineup for Joc, although Jackie Bradley, Jr., seems even more likely IMO.

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Are you related to Tony Gwynn?  You’re taking that tobacco habit a bit more seriously than anyone else, considering it’s a product legally sold to those of the age of consent in America, not unlike alcohol.

Now you can argue MLB should set a better example for kids, even be role models (see Hollywood and advertising bans on smoking)...but there are many areas where adults certainly SHOULD be better role models and yet we simply argue that we need to protect our freedoms instead of finding common ground on universal values.  It can’t be both ways, selective, only when we personally find something distasteful.   Aren’t we then essentially legislating morality for others?

Wise guy, eh? You'd be next on the list if I was manager, Caulfield. 

tenor.gif

Abreu (left), ron883 (middle), caulfield (right)

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin