Sign in to follow this  
caulfield12

The LEGEND of Luis Robert ESPN feature article

I'll save you guys some reading, this is the crux of it, and anybody that's been watching him suspected this:

What won't is what he's done since — an 80 mph average exit velocity, with a 22.8 degree launch angle and a .210 xwOBA. The pitches are there; he just not hitting them with the same authority.

He's missing hittable pitches.  There's no much he can do other than get his swing back in a groove.  Maybe some extra drill work or another day off will help.  I suspect it's mostly a matter of just getting his timing back.  You could see he was trying not to fly open yesterday and he ended up just jamming himself.  

45 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'll save you guys some reading, this is the crux of it, and anybody that's been watching him suspected this:

He's missing hittable pitches.  There's no much he can do other than get his swing back in a groove.  Maybe some extra drill work or another day off will help.  I suspect it's mostly a matter of just getting his timing back.  You could see he was trying not to fly open yesterday and he ended up just jamming himself.  

Yup, it's the kind of thing that just needs time. He'll be fine, and if we had a month left, I wouldn't be worried. Hopefully this is the week he turns things around

• Like 1