MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)

Bad Hombre

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely didn’t work out.

On a related note, I purchased one of those mystery signed baseballs from a table the Sox wives had set up at a home game last year.  I had to hold my lack of enthusiasm in front of the ladies when I opened up the box and saw  the Kelvin Herrera signature.  I actually ended up leaving the ball on my seat at the end of the game.  Oh, well it was for charity.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Neat. Bat him 9th. I give it half a gamethread before people turn on him.

He can’t be worse than Delmonico. And I’m actually looking forward to a plus defender at 2b (outside of Yolmer it’s been awhile!) along with someone that doesn’t strike out much and can hit to all fields.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

On a related note, I purchased one of those mystery signed baseballs from a table the Sox wives had set up at a home game last year.  I had to hold my lack of enthusiasm in front of the ladies when I opened up the box and saw  the Kelvin Herrera signature.  I actually ended up leaving the ball on my seat at the end of the game.  Oh, well it was for charity.

Lol...you actually left it behind?  That’s amazing!

1 minute ago, Superstar Lamar said:

In related news, Nicky Delmonico will get his first professional start at 2B tonight

Those movie star good looks get more exposure on the infield....good move ratings wise!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He can’t be worse than Delmonico. And I’m actually looking forward to a plus defender at 2b (it’s been awhile!) along with someone that doesn’t strike out much and can hit to all fields.

He’s going make a lot of weak contact at first and it will be frustrating, but he’ll generally bring quality at-bats to the table which will add some nice balance to a swing & miss heavy offense.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...you actually left it behind?  That’s amazing!

Yep, I did.  It was a really lousy game where the Sox got spanked.  The best part of the game was the freshly made waffle cone filled with Chocolate Ice Cream I had in the 7th inning....and just hanging with my son for 9 innings!!

• Like 1

Wow. I am against the service time manipulation and this was soooo bald. I really thought they'd be subtler than this. I don't really think it's going to matter much because FA paymasters dig the longball, but kinda makes me feel dirty.  Good luck to Nick. It will be nice to get some contact into the lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s going make a lot of weak contact at first and it will be frustrating, but he’ll generally bring quality at-bats to the table which will add some nice balance to a swing & miss heavy offense.

Small stuff but I like the fact that’s he an intelligent player too. Team has a number of great athletes but seems to be lacking in the baseball IQ department at times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Small stuff but I like the fact that’s he an intelligent player too. Team has a number of great athletes but seems to be lacking in the baseball IQ department at times.

Agree on that as well.  And he greatly improves the infield defense just in time for Keuchel start which is nice.