MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)

Bad Hombre

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Congrats to Madrigal. I wonder who chaperoned him on the flight to KC?

My cousin heard from his former barber, who lives in KC and was at the airport, that he came off the plane unaccompanied but he was wearing his wings pin that the pilot gave him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

With huge red flags statistically as well. The 2019 offseason should have horror stories written about it.

Hahns FA elephant graveyard of players he signed that would involuntarily retire after their white sox contract is way long. Lucky for him Yonder signed with the Rox so he can't count.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Hahns FA elephant graveyard of players he signed that would involuntarily retire after their white sox contract is way long. Lucky for him Yonder signed with the Rox so he can't count.

This is for hitters but still

Just now, flavum said:

It’s going to be interesting to see the K-rate at the big league level. He keeps saying “it’s the same game” at each level, but I have to figure in a regular big league season, he’s gotta be good for 2 k’s a week. 

He will K his first at bat tonight and not again until September ^_^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s going to be interesting to see the K-rate at the big league level. He keeps saying “it’s the same game” at each level, but I have to figure in a regular big league season, he’s gotta be good for 2 k’s a week. 

Put anyone up against Shane Bieber and they'll be exposed. I imagine Madrigal will have greater difficulty with a number of pitchers in our division alone. But I'm ecstatic we have a high-contact guy like him around, they can be energizers for a team watching your teammate grind and battle through a 13-pitch AB.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

lol the amount that stop at t+1

But yeah including EE's 4 game and ignoring McCann is some extreme pnoles shit

Yeah, including EE and Grandal, but ignoring McCann is such wild statistical manipulation that it's insulting.

It should include a minimum plate appearances factor.

PNoles' reasoning is that McCann's contract was so small he was an oversight when he was going through contracts.

32 minutes ago, knightni said:

I'd love to see hit and run and bunting with Anderson and Madrigal at the top.

Not a fan of bunting but starting the runner with madrigal on definitely can make sense because with his high contact rate there is some double play risk, especially since madrigal also seems to hit a fair share of grounders.

Thus I think it is important to have a good runner like tim or robert batting after madrigal, definitely not slow guys like catchers, Jose or eloy because that would mean lots of double plays even tough madrigal is fast himself and at least could make it only one out if he beats it out.

But generally they should have a fast runner in front of him that he can move over with his contact.

Ive had pnole’s blocked for about 6 months now and I’m mad at you all for bringing his analytically dishonest nonsense into my life again. 

big time data visualization is my passion vibes there

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Ive had pnole’s blocked for about 6 months now and I’m mad at you all for bringing his analytically dishonest nonsense into my life again. 

big time data visualization is my passion vibes there

that's my bad, pnoles is the worst, the tweet just fit the discussion well

1 hour ago, wegner said:

On a related note, I purchased one of those mystery signed baseballs from a table the Sox wives had set up at a home game last year.  I had to hold my lack of enthusiasm in front of the ladies when I opened up the box and saw  the Kelvin Herrera signature.  I actually ended up leaving the ball on my seat at the end of the game.  Oh, well it was for charity.

I was wondering who left the ball that I made a fortune off of selling to a Royals fan. 

• Haha 1