MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)

Bad Hombre

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

Yeah, including EE and Grandal, but ignoring McCann is such wild statistical manipulation that it's insulting.

It should include a minimum plate appearances factor.

PNoles' reasoning is that McCann's contract was so small he was an oversight when he was going through contracts.

Obviously that's dumb but I will say when I did the exercise it is extremely subjective in deciding whether to bother with a Minor league contract that is likely a major league one out of spring or just fodder. There are way more FA signings than you remember.

But...mccann was a guy who was expected to be a 25 man guy right away. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously that's dumb but I will say when I did the exercise it is extremely subjective in deciding whether to bother with a Minor league contract that is likely a major league one out of spring or just fodder. There are way more FA signings than you remember.

But...mccann was a guy who was expected to be a 25 man guy right away. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

But he remembered to include Jon Jay. 

also a lot of those dips are not nearly as severe as they look after bunching every line to one spot. 

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Mad dog is that obnoxious radio host in NY. How about The Little Magician?

To quote somebody’s response to that nickname when we drafted him:

”That nickname needs to be dragged out to the street and shot”.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Yeah, including EE and Grandal, but ignoring McCann is such wild statistical manipulation that it's insulting.

It should include a minimum plate appearances factor.

PNoles' reasoning is that McCann's contract was so small he was an oversight when he was going through contracts.

Pnoles is a clown. Pretty sure the guy actually roots against the Sox.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Very surprised they cut ties with Herrera as soon as they did. I think we can thank Heuer for that. Excited to see what Nick can do tonight.

It’s really atypical Sox.  The right move for sure but when was the last time they cut bait on a bunch of money?

20 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s really atypical Sox.  The right move for sure but when was the last time they cut bait on a bunch of money?

Didn't the Sox cut Jeff Keppinger with a good amount of time left on his contract?

No Magical Madrigal, Javier Baez already has that nickname, albeit en Espanol.

The rebuild will be over when Vaughn is added to the line-up, and likely either a corner outfielder or veteran starting pitcher in free agency.  Also need to replace Colome.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Soxnfins said:

If he becomes someone similar to Luis Castillo, I'd be content with that.

I had fully revised Luis Castillo in my brain to now refer to the pitcher so this was super confusing to me.

• Like 1