Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

This is the good SS2k5, queuing up the winner thread.

All hail our MVPs, Adam Engel and Cordero’s Biceps

• Like 2

This felt nearly must-win. A win tomorrow would really take the bad taste out of our mouths from those first two series.

Edited by Chris Sale
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Adam Engel powering the offense, as we all predicted.

I actually called the homer. I don't watch spring/exhibition much but Engel looks totally different at the plate this year. I feel bad for Mazara but even when he clears COVID i want Engel staying in right. I even like him in the top third of the lineup, but i'm totally cool with him 8 or 9

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aFrankSoxFan said:

Look at Engels  team stats.... Who thinks he has earned the starting RF position. I do .

If he’s getting the job done, seems like a logical platoon.

• Like 1

Not the prettiest ballgame. Keuchel had nothing but still gave us some qualizy innings, bullpen was nails. Offense was pretty bad and some shaky defense made this way closer than it should have been. I‘ll take ugly wins though.

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Please don’t fall in love with Engel‘s hot start. He is what he is, a guy who will have trouble maintaining a .700 OPS, but still a perfectly cromulent 4th outfielder.

Nein!

15 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Please don’t fall in love with Engel‘s hot start. He is what he is, a guy who will have trouble maintaining a .700 OPS, but still a perfectly cromulent 4th outfielder.

For sure but it’s always possible people get better at what they do.  The book’s been out on him for however many years But maybe something clicked?

Like you say, hell of a 4th OF either way

Engel should prove adequate against LHP. His OF coverage and quickness even in RF are amazing and allows Lou to cover LF. Hopefully Mazara will join up soon. 

13 hours ago, aFrankSoxFan said:

Look at Engels  team stats.... Who thinks he has earned the starting RF position. I do .

I wouldn't say he has earned the job, but as of today his swing is noticeably shorter.  If the kid can hit even a minimal amount,  plus his top notch defensive,  he is a major league OF. He'd be a great 4th OF. His defense alone makes him worth a back of the roster spot.