8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Who?

He was acquired to pretty much play everyday...the reason we shouldn’t be hearing Delmonico’s name at all, just Engel as the backup.

Btw, five games already today cancelled due to Covid or weather.  Ouch.

Edited by caulfield12

26 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Ricky hates Danny Mendick.

Actually, I've heard that Ricky hates his mustache.  If Danny was to shave it off, he'd be an every day player.

As long as he has that stache Ricky is like Pops in the Natural....

"I'm gonna pay his contract.  I ain't gonna play him. Never."

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s a lot of pressure, let’s see how he responds to leadoff first.  He’s obviously a confident player, just not sure this is the right move.  Moncada and Robert are surely the two most talented in the line-up, but both are 25-30% K guys.

Vaughn is the long-term answer.  Has to be the best pure hitter in the org.

Vaughn is the best hitter?  In college perhaps.

9 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

He’s not wrong. Give it a couple years, and Vaughn will be one of the best hitters on our team. 

Vaughn might be the best hitter on the team right now. The only reason he isn't up is because we have Abreu and Encarnacion.

I also agree on Vaughn being the best hitter in the org.  He won't get to prove it until next year but he will be that guy IMO as soon as 2021 and as late as 2022.  If you want to talk about players who are or who have recently been **really** MLB ready in all aspects of the game, but who are or were being held back in Schaumburg/minors, Vaughn is the guy at the top of the list and there's a big gap between him and the next guy.  And the next guy is Dunning anyway.

Nice to see Robert leading off, would like to get this kid as many ABs this year as possible in preparation for 2021, would give him more confidence knowing that he's seen all these pitchers already

did not like having him so low in the lineup same with madrigal

Bolanos is another Cuban, undoubtedly faced Robert many times...

95-99 MPH fastball, only question is how many innings he can give you?  3-4 would seem to be the max, unless he can pitch efficiently, which is challenging for someone who relies on raw stuff but no command/control in the strike zone.

FB/SL combination his two best pitches.

Edited by caulfield12

Guess calling out Grandal worked, haha.

Gotta go with those pitches instead of trying to pull anything.

Great opportunity here for EE to put another 3 spot up early.

Doesn't want to give in and throw him a FB cookie over the plate.    Shades of Miguel Ascencio there.   WP.

Edited by caulfield12