8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

With this strike zone and Gonzalez pitching I think they're going to need all of the runs they can get. Gonzalez never does well with a small zone as he's never been the greatest at throwing strikes. 

Nice to have him staked to a four run lead before he throws a pitch.

Also, apparently he's going to have a bigger zone?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

With this strike zone and Gonzalez pitching I think they're going to need all of the runs they can get. Gonzalez never does well with a small zone as he's never been the greatest at throwing strikes. 

I‘d be happy to enter a slug fest against this KC lineup, it‘s not good.

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Robert in the leadoff spot long term. Dude is gonna hit 40 homers a year, such a waste at #1, put him 2-4. Moncada, Robert, Eloy. Also, I don't care about speed at the leadoff because I don't want them risking SBs anyway with that murderers row coming up next.

That said, totally fine with Robert leadoff today, because there isn't really even another option with Yasmani scuffling. 

If not #1 I want him #3.  Max his ABs, top 3 speed + power.  

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Robert in the leadoff spot long term. Dude is gonna hit 40 homers a year, such a waste at #1, put him 2-4. Moncada, Robert, Eloy. Also, I don't care about speed at the leadoff because I don't want them risking SBs anyway with that murderers row coming up next.

That said, totally fine with Robert leadoff today, because there isn't really even another option with Yasmani scuffling. 

Robert is an ideal lead off man because speed and hit tool. You and many others don't realize the game has changed. His power does not mean he is not right for lead off. Many teams have been putting high average/obp guys with power at the top.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I know what you mean because it should've been caught, but that ball did go 410 feet and it was hit over 100 mph.

For sure, he hit it well. Wasn’t meant as a knock on Eloy. Just out of character from the more common no doubters.

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

If not #1 I want him #3.  Max his ABs, top 3 speed + power.  

I think he makes sense at 1 if Madrigal is behind him. Think of Podsednik-Iguchi 1-2. Robert gets on, steals 2nd/hit & run, Madrigal handles the bat well and now it's either 1st and 3rd no outs, guy on 2nd and it's 1-0 Sox, or it's guy on 3rd with 1 out with the 3 and 4 hitters coming up