8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You and I were the only ones, Jack.

I have a problem with the Sox going with Madrigal/Vaughn over the last two drafts where they were picking. Those guys should be picked in the 8-12 range, not top 4. Both guys have too many limits for where they were picked. Not that they both can't be good players, but Madrigal's ceiling is Placido Polanco and that's too low for a top 4 pick. I also disagreed with picking a 1B/DH top 3, but another FO in the division picked a 1B/DH #1 so I can't complain.

Imagine how we'd feel right now had they gone with Kelenic and Abrams.

In contrast, I absolutely love what they did with Crochet at 11 because that's the type of risk/reward pick you make at that point in the draft. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have a problem with the Sox going with Madrigal/Vaughn over the last two drafts where they were picking. Those guys should be picked in the 8-12 range, not top 4. Both guys have too many limits for where they were picked. Not that they both can't be good players, but Madrigal's ceiling is Placido Polanco and that's too low for a top 4 pick. I also disagreed with picking a 1B/DH top 3. 

enough kelenic talk dude hasn't done jack shit above a ball.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk how you live in Chicago and don't scout heavily a guy attending HS in Waukesha, WI. It's 90 minutes away, basically in our backyard. 

They scouted the hell out of him but decided to go the safe route.  It's going to haunt them for years.

Edited by Harold's Leg Lift

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have a problem with the Sox going with Madrigal/Vaughn over the last two drafts where they were picking. Those guys should be picked in the 8-12 range, not top 4. Both guys have too many limits for where they were picked. Not that they both can't be good players, but Madrigal's ceiling is Placido Polanco and that's too low for a top 4 pick. I also disagreed with picking a 1B/DH top 3, but another FO in the division picked a 1B/DH #1 so I can't complain.

In contrast, I absolutely love what they did with Crochet at 11 because that's the type of risk/reward pick you make at that point in the draft. 

I know Madrigal has had a tough start, Jack.  But what do you have against Vaughn  already? 

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

for like 100 pa which is nothing.  he struggled this spring.  anways back to the white sox sorry i even responded to him.

I like Madrigal. He’s going to be a winning player. Nobody thought he had the highest upside. Quite frankly, the Sox took him when their brains were all in on Manny Machado. Made sense. But, you know..,

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They scouted the hell out of him but decided to go the saferoute.  It's going to haunt them for years.

I was for Kelenic or Liberatore that year. I don't agree with them going with Madrigal over Kelenic, but I do understand it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman