8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

Just now, Butter Parque said:

To be fair, Moncada shower certain traits that allowed you to project that it would be possible for him to succeed. His eye and his exit velocity were good when he came up.

Madrigal’s issue is that he’s incapable of hitting the baseball with any authority. 

He literally hit the ball with authority 24 hours ago, so "incapable" is a stretch

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

God this team is fun to watch now. @fathom remember when me and you stated we were only watching Moncada and Timmy and then flipping the channels cuz they were the only two worth watching when Giolito wasn't pitching? Not so good times.. :)

Still got Vaughn coming too.

Just saw this, it’s so different now. From rooting to singular players to rooting for wins. Perfect example was last night. Yoan, Eloy and Robert did nothing but we were all happy they won.  Previous years, it would have been a letdown performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just saw this, it’s so different now. From rooting to singular players to rooting for wins. Perfect example was last night. Yoan, Eloy and Robert did nothing but we were all happy they won.  Previous years, it would have been a letdown performance.

I still contend that the first half of 2015 was more unwatchable than any year of the rebuild.

I'm not even sure Frank Thomas had THAT easy a power...he more muscled up balls like that, or top-handed, tommy-hawked doubles into gaps posting up on one foot.

Robert just reaches out and he has so much leverage with that extension and wrist strength, the ball just flies off his bat with minimal contact.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's swinging at pitcher's pitches and giving away at bats/outs for the sake of making contact, which is exactly what I feared most about his profile. His speed not being anywhere close to as advertised isn't good either. 

He was never a 70 grade runner like Moncada, so expectations should have always been in check in that department.  And drawing any conclusions about his approach at the plate based on like seven plate appearances is insane.  I get being concerned about the slapping, but there really shouldn’t be any other issues with his game.

We'll know this is a different/new White Sox team if they can complete the sweep tmrw and take out Jacob Junis, who we've struggled with like he's CC Sabathia, Cliff Lee, Johan Santana or Brad Radke.

Btw, is there an update on Nomar Mazara?  There was talk all week like he was joining the team for sure this weekend.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Tony said:

Something also to keep in mind. How many times have highly touted Sox prospects come up and fell flat, either their entire career, or at least during the first month or so of the season?

Luis Robert is literally doing something every night that makes the highlight reel. He’s must-watch TV in the first week of the season.  Somehow, someway he’s almost exceeding the crazy hype we all heard. Enjoy it, stop getting so worked up about Nick Madrigal. :)

Robert is the best Sox prospect I’ve ever seen.