8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

Yea... this kid is the best Sox prospect I've ever seen. 

Eloy was the best Sox prospect I ever saw hit in the minors... and then Luis Robert arrived. And then he was doing it with the glove too.

Now he's doing it in the show.

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=144206

Look at Merrifield from 2010 to 2013 in the minor leagues, he wasn't even close to being an 800 OPS guy there through age 24.   Four seasons of major struggles.

It wasn't until he turned 25 that he really started to emerge as a hitter.

Merrifield is 6'1". Madrigal is 5'5".  The power will never come.  Never

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Say what you want about this organization's young talent, but the fact that we drafted Jace Fry over Bryce Harper speaks volumes.

"Professional career. The Chicago White Sox selected Fry in the third round, with the 77th overall selection, of the 2014 MLB draft."

Making determinations on high school pitching....an incredibly challenging area for the White Sox for 30 years, by order of Jerry Reinsdorf.   The White Sox have also never (until recently) wanted to deal with Scott Boras clients, additionally.

I can't think of any high school pitchers who have done well.  We drafted Jason Stumm and Kris Honel high and they were complete busts.  Same with Spencer Adams, more recently.

Ironically, Gio Gonzalez is probably the best counterexample of a high school pitcher succeeding, just not with the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You do know a lot of us have followed him for a few years, as well as seen batted ball metrics?  

I’m agreeing with you, just some posters think we don’t like Madrigal’s profile over 7 ABs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How good are Wander Franco and Gavin Lux? Seriously? 

IMO, evaluators have been way too low on Robert's defense/speed and way too dismissive of Franco's defensive concerns. Robert is a better prospect

Edit: I've been saying this since last year, not just from this brief Robert sample

Edited by Jose Abreu