8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

As a Sox fan you should love him. He stinks and if he's on the parent club he'll help the Sox win ballgames.

As I said, I know it's an irrational hate but I will work on the love.  Thank you Greg.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Jurys still out on madrigal.  Looked good defensively but ground ball hitters dont succeed in the MLB

Let’s begin this conversation after he’s had 500 at bats, revisit the conversation after 1,000 at bats, and then draw some conclusions after he’s had 1,500 at bats.

Can’t have a meaningful discussion after his first two games.

I will say this... in 2018, he hit under .200 in rookie ball for his debut. In 2019 he had 1 hit in his first 14 plate appearances at high A.

That same year he had 2 hits in his first 18 AAA trips to the plate.

His history shows him to be a competitive, hard nosed, don’t give up, driven type of player with an ability to provide value to his teams in many areas.

My guess is still that when the time comes to discuss his first full season in the show, we’ll be happy he’s growing into a long term role on the south side of Chicago.

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Let’s begin this conversation after he’s had 500 at bats, revisit the conversation after 1,000 at bats, and then draw some conclusions after he’s had 1,500 at bats.

Can’t have a meaningful discussion after his first two games.

I will say this... in 2018, he hit under .200 in rookie ball for his debut. In 2019 he had 1 hit in his first 14 plate appearances at high A.

That same year he had 2 hits in his first 18 AAA trips to the plate.

His history shows him to be a competitive, hard nosed, don’t give up, driven type of player with an ability to provide value to his teams in many areas.

My guess is still that when the time comes to discuss his first full season in the show, we’ll be happy he’s growing into a long term role on the south side of Chicago.

Scott Fletcher was 5-11. Is his career outlook somewhere between Scott Fletcher and Ray Durham? Durham was 5-8.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Scott Fletcher was 5-11. Is his career outlook somewhere between Scott Fletcher and Ray Durham? Durham was 5-8.

My crystal ball of baseball players past broke, sorry.