8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They scouted the hell out of him but decided to go the safe route.  It's going to haunt them for years.

What's your opinion on Crochet/Kelley? 

I think it's a much better approach than what they did with Madrigal and Vaughn. 

I'm convinced Crochet would have gone top 5 had there been a college baseball season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't understand it and I never will.  Ireally  liked Liberatore but I wanted Singer or Kelenic.  So many dudes.....

I hated Singer that year because I thought his arm slot was an injury waiting to happen, and there were consistency issues with his stuff. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

What's your opinion on Crochet/Kelley? 

I think it's a much better approach than what they did with Madrigal and Vaughn. 

I LOVE Crochet.  High ceiling left handers is what the top of the draft is all about.  Not a fan of Kelley's profile but I like him better in the 2nd round than if they used a 1st on him.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You hate the Vaughn pick or just would have preferred Abrams?

That's where I am with both Madrigal and Vaughn. I don't hate either but I would have preferred they go with bigger upside at the spot they were picking. Hopefully Vaughn is Frank Thomas Jr and I look stupid. 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I LOVE Crochet.  High ceiling left handers is what the top of the draft is all about.  Not a fan of Kelley's profile but I like him better in the 2nd round than if they used a 1st on him.

Me too on both. Holy shit we have like the exact same scouting philosophy lol. 

I'm convinced Crochet would have gone top 5 if not 1st had he pitched a full college season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman