1. Goins 3B

2. Mendick SS

3. Delmonico LF

4. Engel CF

5. Madrigal 2B

6. Garcia RF

7. Collins C

8. McCann DH

9. Encarnacion 1B (don’t want to be too unrealistic)

Renteria could find a way to make even this shitty lineup worse...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sox won yesterday but offensively their showing was pathetic.  Bubic had little control of his FB and you could sit on his change for a while because that was all he could get over.  He had 2 pitches and he was routinely making mistakes everywhere with both of them.  Jose looks like bad Jose and Yoan was popping everything up.  Engel's bunt attempt after a 3-run HR in his last AB, given the control issues, and to what end?  To put a RISP for Nick Madrigal?  What a completely idiotic move.  That must have been Engel doing that.  Even Ricky isn't that stupid.  

With Gio G on the mound (GG / GiGi or GiGo IMO) I think we'll need 6 or 7 to win.

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I know it’s fashionable to slam Abreu and praise Robert, and Robert has to bat really high in the order and Abreu needs to be moved down significantly. Has anyone actually looked at their numbers? Pretty similar.

Through six games you mean?  I’m basing my recommendation to move Abreu down in the lineup against RHP because he wasn’t even league average against them over the course of a full 2019 season.

Did I hear that the Sox had a good # of +100 miles off the bat yesterday that went for outs?  I'm looking for those to find holes and they score a bunch to back up Gio G for his 1st victory in Sox colors. :gosoxretro:

If Delmonico must be on the team and not in Schaumberg, I hope he starts hitting. He is a key factor in our lineup. Message to players:  Jose ... relax and have fun (the season could be over soon enuff), and start hitting liners and high arching homers. Some of you others: Relax. See the ball, keep hitting it hard.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

If Delmonico must be on the team and not in Schaumberg, please start hitting, Nicky. You are a key factor in our lineup. Thank u. Jose ... relax and have fun (the season could be over soon nuff), and start hitting liners and high arching homers. Some of you others: Relax. See the ball, keep hitting it hard.

what the hell are you talking about?

• Love 2

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Gio needs to be kept on a very short leash.  Important game to win and get back to .500.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but.....deep breath.....Detwiler needs to be on standby out the pen if Gio starts to struggle. He’s been lights out and maybe has found his niche finally as long reliever. Early sample size I know, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with him so far

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I think somebody in the FO was in Ricky's ear about Robert getting PAs. 

And I hope Robert pulls a last year's Acuna and kills it up there.

Hoping this is a precursor to him leading off every day going forward, or taking over the three spot once TA returns. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

If Delmonico must be on the team and not in Schaumberg, I hope he starts hitting. He is a key factor in our lineup. Message to players:  Jose ... relax and have fun (the season could be over soon enuff), and start hitting liners and high arching homers. Some of you others: Relax. See the ball, keep hitting it hard.

Mazara?

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Hoping this is a precursor to him leading off every day going forward, or taking over the three spot once TA returns. 

That’s a lot of pressure, let’s see how he responds to leadoff first.  He’s obviously a confident player, just not sure this is the right move.  Moncada and Robert are surely the two most talented in the line-up, but both are 25-30% K guys.

Vaughn is the long-term answer.  Has to be the best pure hitter in the org.