Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not trying to be overdramatic but the scouting reports (which were already very positive) were very wrong about Robert in many, many ways. He has very few flaws as a baseball player, and he is already reducing them (such as his swing-and-miss) in-season. The key is just health

Yup, outside of a little bit of swing & miss, not sure what weakness he has.  SSS, but he actually seems to be a pretty smart player on the field as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s got a good eye but you can also tell it’s like advanced or something, the way he uses the recognition.  And he’s probably just tapping into that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not trying to be overdramatic but the scouting reports (which were already very positive) were very wrong about Robert in many, many ways. He has very few flaws as a baseball player, and he is already reducing them (such as his swing-and-miss) in-season. The key is just health

only time he didn't blow up statistically is that first year in A ball when he kept getting hurt, after that, at every stop in the pros he produces like it's a video game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win today boys. Couldn't be more involved in the conversation, but loved the performance from Eloy and Robert. The future of this team is exciting and unfolding right before our eyes.

The good teams beat up on the teams they're supposed to beat. If this season somehow miraculously survives, and the Sox can continue do this to teams like KC, Det, PIT, etc, they will get a playoff spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wegner said:

I very irrationally do not like Bubba Sterling!!

As a Sox fan you should love him. He stinks and if he's on the parent club he'll help the Sox win ballgames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Garcia is a nice 4th OF. He should be nowhere near the IF. 

Cmon Jack; you can praise him a little more than that after that sensational game. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

As a Sox fan you should love him. He stinks and if he's on the parent club he'll help the Sox win ballgames.

As I said, I know it's an irrational hate but I will work on the love.  Thank you Greg.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Jurys still out on madrigal.  Looked good defensively but ground ball hitters dont succeed in the MLB

Let’s begin this conversation after he’s had 500 at bats, revisit the conversation after 1,000 at bats, and then draw some conclusions after he’s had 1,500 at bats.

Can’t have a meaningful discussion after his first two games.

I will say this... in 2018, he hit under .200 in rookie ball for his debut. In 2019 he had 1 hit in his first 14 plate appearances at high A.

That same year he had 2 hits in his first 18 AAA trips to the plate.

His history shows him to be a competitive, hard nosed, don’t give up, driven type of player with an ability to provide value to his teams in many areas.

My guess is still that when the time comes to discuss his first full season in the show, we’ll be happy he’s growing into a long term role on the south side of Chicago.

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Let’s begin this conversation after he’s had 500 at bats, revisit the conversation after 1,000 at bats, and then draw some conclusions after he’s had 1,500 at bats.

Can’t have a meaningful discussion after his first two games.

I will say this... in 2018, he hit under .200 in rookie ball for his debut. In 2019 he had 1 hit in his first 14 plate appearances at high A.

That same year he had 2 hits in his first 18 AAA trips to the plate.

His history shows him to be a competitive, hard nosed, don’t give up, driven type of player with an ability to provide value to his teams in many areas.

My guess is still that when the time comes to discuss his first full season in the show, we’ll be happy he’s growing into a long term role on the south side of Chicago.

Scott Fletcher was 5-11. Is his career outlook somewhere between Scott Fletcher and Ray Durham? Durham was 5-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Scott Fletcher was 5-11. Is his career outlook somewhere between Scott Fletcher and Ray Durham? Durham was 5-8.

My crystal ball of baseball players past broke, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hi8is said:

My crystal ball of baseball players past broke, sorry.

I found mine.  Let me shake it and see..."try again later"....sorry, gonna have to just wait and see I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×