8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

Bolanos seems like he's a bit intimidated by the names on the back of the jersey.

Wow.

Easy power.   Just kept going and going and going.   Thought for sure Starling was going to catch it.   Great try by Bubba, local KS kid.

Looks like he mistimed that one, then managed to knock a double over the fence.   

Edited by caulfield12

That play was so weird without cheers/groans/tension from fans. I love Jason but he doesn't help there either, since he never seems to recognize a ball has a chance of leaving until its been over the fence for 30 seconds already.

Just now, gusguyman said:

That play was so weird without cheers/groans/tension from fans. I love Jason but he doesn't help there either, since he never seems to recognize a ball has a chance of leaving until its been over the fence for 30 seconds already.

I miss good Hawk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

This pitcher sucks

Dylan Covey Phenomenon.   Of course, if Starling makes that play, it's only 1-0.    Bolanos belong as a reliever, with the two pitch combination.   Unless he could develop his curveball or change, he just doesn't have enough speed variation to last more than once through a line-up because everything he throws is hard, hard, hard.

I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Robert in the leadoff spot long term. Dude is gonna hit 40 homers a year, such a waste at #1, put him 2-4. Moncada, Robert, Eloy. Also, I don't care about speed at the leadoff because I don't want them risking SBs anyway with that murderers row coming up next.

That said, totally fine with Robert leadoff today, because there isn't really even another option with Yasmani scuffling.