8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everyone knows Moncada is my favorite position player on the team but Robert has a higher ceiling imo. Pantera can hit 50 HR. Let's enjoy them batting 1-2 in the lineup for the next 5 years. 

I agree. Moncada has "one of the game's best" potential. Robert has "the game's best" potential.

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I think Moncada has a higher ceiling than Robert, but I understand the hype around Robert.  I think Yoans hit tool is much more advanced at least at this stage

Moncada is a better hitter but Robert has power and speed over him. Don't forget Moncada has a ton of swing and miss in his game too. 

2 minutes ago, Gunzaan said:

Out of curiosity, where did the Pantera nickname originate? 

Panther I’ve seen before (in Spanish) but I’ve never seen pantera.. 

Moncada and Eloy came up with it after seeing the "Black Panther" movie. Basically they think he's a superhero on the field lol. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I think Moncada has a higher ceiling than Robert, but I understand the hype around Robert.  I think Yoans hit tool is much more advanced at least at this stage

Of course the one that's been in the majors since 2018's hit tool is more advanced

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada is a better hitter but Robert has power and speed over him. Don't forget Moncada has a ton of swing and miss in his game too. 

So does Robert and Moncada can take a walk. They both have their pros and cons. Robert plays a more premium position though so he's definitely the more valuable player. Glad both are on my team for the next 6+ years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

So does Robert and Moncada can take a walk. They both have their pros and cons. Robert plays a more premium position though so he's definitely the more valuable player. Glad both are on my team for the next 6+ years.

Robert vs Moncada is one of the most fun debates to have. They both have the ability to be top 5 players in the game. Just how good can both be? Time will tell. I'm glad we get to have it. 

Based on the approach I've seen from Robert he's going to learn to take his walks as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Didn’t quite get pitching around Bubba Starling, who is not much of a hitter to begin with. But I guess it worked out in the end

Well...certainly better than who was behind him 

Collins will now miss the narrow window  of opportunity  to be a starting catcher with the contract to Grandal.  

It might be best for Collins career if they trade him. He could start on some other teams.

I am anxious to see how Vaughn will develop defensively at first and how he will hit in the minors next year.