8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

17 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

You are saying Luis Robert shouldn't bat 1st because of lack of walks but then advocate for Anderson at the top who has to bat at least .330 in order to have a respectable OBP.

I argued against TA leadoff too until he proved he could hit 300. I don't care about walks directly, but they make it much easier to maintain a high OBP. TA has proved he has a path to a high OBP without them, if Robert does too I'd be more understanding  of batting him at the top, though I still think it is a waste of his power.

God this team is fun to watch now. @fathom remember when me and you stated we were only watching Moncada and Timmy and then flipping the channels cuz they were the only two worth watching when Giolito wasn't pitching? Not so good times.. :)

Still got Vaughn coming too.

Edited by SoxAce

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Collins will now miss the narrow window  of opportunity  to be a starting catcher with the contract to Grandal.  

It might be best for Collins career if they trade him. He could start on some other teams.

I am anxious to see how Vaughn will develop defensively at first and how he will hit in the minors next year.

Speaking of Collins, I'd like to see him play tomorrow against a RHP with Abreu perhaps getting a day off

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Speaking of Collins, I'd like to see him play tomorrow against a RHP with Abreu perhaps getting a day off

Ricky doesn't. Abreu is a respected veteran who must play every day in the 3rd spot, because that's how it goes for veterans. They have earned it with production from previous years.

That was always kind of what he was going to be.....he's going to put the ball in play but his approach will lead to a bunch of contact like that. There's value in knowing he's a real threat to put the ball in play with bases loaded but that's also going to be the result sometimes