AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Eloy looks so much more comfortable up there than last year as a rookie.  You can see it in his approach and the way he just lets the ball come to him and hits what is there.  He did it in spurts last year, but he has pretty much looked like that in every AB so far this year.  In complete control.

And I don't know what to say about Lou B💣b.  The guy is just incredible.  I have not witnessed a rookie on the White Sox that looked this impressive their first 6 games.  I was around for Frank Thomas as a rookie but waaaay to young to know what was going on.  Robert has way better plate skills than I thought he would at this stage in his career.  He can hit to all fields with extreme power, can lay off some nasty breaking stuff, hit pretty much any hanger out there, and the jumps he gets in CF are as good as advertised.  Very excited to see Eloy, Robert & Moncada for awhile.

• Like 3

I will preface my happiness by reminding everybody that the Royals have one of the worst teams in baseball, likely THE worst. And we were in the process of blowing a 7-run lead at one point just as last night we couldn't put KC away after the 3-run Engel homer.

Enough of the negativity. ...

All of our superstar candidates played like the future superstars they are. ... Starting pitching was good enough, actually excellent. .... Don't give Heuer that much credit just cause he hits 99 tonight. He still gave up some hits. ... Glad to see Jose get two hits and Grandal showed why he is worth that big contract.

I would applaud the White Sox for dusting off a bad baseball team two nights in a row. It'd be nice to sweep this wretched ballclub, but no matter what 2 of 3 isn't bad. I sorely want to get over .500 and stay there until the season is called cause of virus spread.

GO SOX!

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah because Tim was only hitting **checks notes** .333 after a year where he hit 335. I could see why everyone thinks he doesn't belong somewhere or deserve something.

I’m one of Timmy’s biggest fans. Not sure how you took my comment as a criticism of him. A guy with a great average who doesn’t walk much isn’t the best option for a leadoff hitter. I don’t think many people would argue that. 

Robert (most likely) also isn’t suited to be a leadoff hitter. But the offense had been struggling, and I was hoping Robert could have some good games at the top of the lineup, which could possibly give a jolt to the offense. It was nothing more than me trying hard to find a little optimism in the terrible news that Timmy was heading to the IL. 

I think you’re used to TA taking shit from a lot of posters here and lumped me into that group while overreacting to my innocent comment. 

Either way, let’s hope the offense keeps rolling today!

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’m one of Timmy’s biggest fans. Not sure how you took my comment as a criticism of him. A guy with a great average who doesn’t walk much isn’t the best option for a leadoff hitter. I don’t think many people would argue that. 

Robert (most likely) also isn’t suited to be a leadoff hitter. But the offense had been struggling, and I was hoping Robert could have some good games at the top of the lineup, which could possibly give a jolt to the offense. It was nothing more than me trying hard to find a little optimism in the terrible news that Timmy was heading to the IL. 

I think you’re used to TA taking shit from a lot of posters here and lumped me into that group while overreacting to my innocent comment. 

Either way, let’s hope the offense keeps rolling today!

If your OBP is over 350 it really doesn't matter how you achieve it. Neither tim or Robert are patient. Robert saw 10 pitches in 6 at bats.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

15 hours ago, Texsox said:

To all the haters, the team is undefeated with Madrigal in the lineup. He combined with Jimenez for four hits and four RBIs tonight. 

😏

Bwaha!  

Post of the Week!

Edited by black jack
  • Like 1