8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

At this moment the Sox would be one the wild card teams along with Cleveland.  Baltimore & Detroit will fall off soon enough and Tampa will likely grab a spot.  But there really aren’t any other teams that seem like sure things.  If we can keep pounding on the Royals, Tigers, & Pirates we are almost assured of making the playoffs.  

Hopefully Cease can bring it today and we can head to Milwaukee with a winning record.

• Like 1

While yesterdays win was among the most satisfying of recent memory for me, todays game should be an indicator of how this team measures up. Need a big outing from Cease to show he can be counted on...especially with uncertainty re: Lopez. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Why are you posting an article back in February?

I'm not sure why ESPN had an article from FEB linked to their current game story about yesterday.

You would think they just MIGHT write some new material on Eloy Jimenez over the course of 5 months, and considering yesterday's performance and his overall hot start out of the gate the first 10 days of the season.

They definitely wouldn't include a link that old if he was still a Cub.

Edited by caulfield12

Just an FYI with the Brewer's home opening weekend against the Cards put to rest the Brewers hope to welcome the Chicago White Sox for their opening night Monday 710 pm. 

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

How is Nicky still getting starts? This bottom half of lineup is embarrassing

We have to assume a roster transaction before the next game announcing Mazara. Nicky Vaya. 

• bmags pinned this topic

Part of me thinks Delmonico is getting a bone thrown his way because maybe it’s his last day with the club and he gets sent down for Mazara tomorrow, but In the back of my head I just can’t see Ricky letting those “competitive at bats” go

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

It's a spring, not a marathon. We need to keep Leury fresh.

Lol....apparently you need a day off after playing 2 days in a row....they literally had a day off on Thursday. Kinda shocked Grandal is catching again and not McCann with it being a day game