8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't mind Leury have the day off since we will need him to play the next seven days against Milwaukee and Cleveland. 

Do we, though? Mazara has to be back soon and Madrigal is up, it's not like we need Leury to play all 7 games next week.

I just don't understand Ricky's lineup choices. Garcia and Engel should be in the lineup. I know it's a day game after a night game, but if a player is hot he's gotta be in the lineup! Not to mention Eloy should not be hitting in the 6th hole if you ask me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KS000 said:

I just don't understand Ricky's lineup choices. Garcia and Engel should be in the lineup. I know it's a day game after a night game, but if a player is hot he's gotta be in the lineup! Not to mention Eloy should not be hitting in the 6th hole if you ask me.

Yup, if there was ever a season to ride some hot hands, it's this one.  Engel isn't tired!  Leury might be a bit but he's coming off a great performance and playing with confidence.

Renteria just doesn't know how to fill out a lineup card.

Surprised Grandal catching day game after night game. Dismayed Encarnacion is playing at all, let alone hitting ahead of Eloy. Shocked/not shocked about Delmonico. I for sure would have dh’d Collins. Otherwise, why is h  Ed on the team? One start a week against a guy with Junis’ splits is not asking for much.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Garcia is getting a personal day due to something with his family, so I'll back off my statement on having Leury in the lineup.  

Oops didn't know that. Sorry Ricky!

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Surprised Grandal catching day game after night game. Dismayed Encarnacion is playing at all, let alone hitting ahead of Eloy. Shocked/not shocked about Delmonico. I for sure would have dh’d Collins. Otherwise, why is h  Ed on the team? One start a week against a guy with Junis’ splits is not asking for much.

Pitcher has a tough time with lefties. Looks like Grandal is starting to come out of his funk. The weather has been reasonable in KC.  Not a bad choice. EE isn’t going to get better watching. Delmonico, again this pitcher has a difficult time with LH batters, now RR is getting ripped for using them and not a guy like Engel. Unfortunately, Nicky is what he has. It would have been a great time for Mazara, as he also kills righties. But he must not be ready.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Pitcher has a tough time with lefties. Looks like Grandal is starting to come out of his funk. The weather has been reasonable in KC.  Not a bad choice. EE isn’t going to get better watching. Delmonico, again this pitcher has a difficult time with LH batters, now RR is getting ripped for using them and not a guy like Engel. Unfortunately, Nicky is what he has. It would have been a great time for Mazara, as he also kills righties. But he must not be ready.

obviously a pipe dream but playing Collins at 1st over Abreu would have been a welcome surprise for today

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m guessing they just don’t see a point of flying him out to KC for a game before turning around and heading to Milwaukee.  I think he’ll be joining the team tomorrow, but if not it should be Wednesday at the latest.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Anyway, Madrigal needs chewing tobacco to evolve to his final form.

FoxNellie.jpg

Or at least Big League Chew, which would be smarter. And Ron wouldn't b****.

Also, we have Big League Chew because of Nellie: https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-big-league-chew-inventor-haugh-20180524-story.html

If I was his manager...

• Haha 1