8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you had told that Soxtalk would be pissed that Adam Engel was not in the line up I would have laughed and laughed and laughed. 

We're more pissed that EE isn't sitting for Collins. EE and Collins need to split playing time IMO. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Hot hand. EE is struggling and Abreu isn't. 

But you just said we should be platooning EE & Collins, which really isn’t a hot hand thing.  And EE is never going to get going if we rest him too much.  He’s a notorious slow starter and we should let him get into a groove against shitty Royals pitching.  Renteria should rest Abreu & EE occasionally against tough RHP, but Junis doesn’t really apply and therefore Collins isn’t needed today in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But you just said we should be platooning EE & Collins, which really isn’t a hot hand thing.  And EE is never going to get going if we rest him too much.  He’s a notorious slow starter and we should let him get into a groove against shitty Royals pitching.  Renteria should rest Abreu & EE occasionally against tough RHP, but Junis doesn’t really apply and therefore Collins isn’t needed today in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. Collins should spell both EE and Abreu at times.