8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Actually a nice little story that he had to hold back tears because he had reached his dream.

16 straight retired for Detwiler out of the pen.

Is that right?  The longest such bullpen streak for the White Sox prior to that was Gary Glover in 2001?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

16 straight retired for Detwiler out of the pen.

Is that right?  The longest such bullpen streak for the White Sox prior to that was Gary Glover in 2001?

Bobby Jenks. Buehrle broke his record after he retired like the first 18 after his perfect game.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I think it would be safer from a COVID perspective if we just played the Royals every day for the rest of the season

They need more opportunities to compare Chicago and KC steakhouses and BBQ joints.

Of course, Kansas Citians think of Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris as elegant, so pretty sure Chicago wins that argument.    Well, the steaks, not BBQ.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not arguing about Madrigal's "lack of hitting ability" was the most refreshing aspect of this game.

You guys don't get it. Madrigal is unconventional in modern baseball. I want him to succeed, I really do. 

They're going to adjust to him and bring the RF in really shallow. Gonna be interesting to see what happens then. 

• Like 1