8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

Just now, vilehoopster said:

You guys kill me making fun of Avi. Offensively or defensively, we haven't had a right fielder close to as good as Avi since he left. And we won't have one this year either. 

Regardless of what you think of Garcia you can't possibly think he's a good fit in center.

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You guys kill me making fun of Avi. Offensively or defensively, we haven't had a right fielder close to as good as Avi since he left. And we won't have one this year either. 

Well, since he's been gone SO long... 

Last year was a rebuilding year, this year we have Mazara/Engel, next year, Joc or George Springer, haha.

That said, it would have been nice if one of our 4-5 young minor league outfielders would have risen up to take the bull by the horns.   Adolfo probably had the most physical potential of anyone outside of Luis Robert/Moncada.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Wanne said:

Either that gun is way off...or something is waaay off. Regardless...why he wasn't throwing slider down and away to Yelich and down and in to Garcia was criminal. Not a fan of the pitch selection.

Statcast has him sitting 90

Just now, Wanne said:

Either that gun is way off...or something is waaay off. Regardless...why he wasn't throwing slider down and away to Yelich and down and in to Garcia was criminal. Not a fan of the pitch selection.

Right? You throw Avi nothing but garbage sliders after you get ahead. Not more fastballs.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Well, since he's been gone SO long... 

Last year was a rebuilding year, this year we have Mazara/Engel, next year, Joc or George Springer, haha.

Yeah, we're gonna get one of those guys. Give me a break. Plus I don't think Joc is better than Avi.