NFL offseason 2020, the off-season that may never end

3 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

You used a word that has a negative connotation for white people. The fact that the person in question is from an affluent, predominantly white area only makes ptatc’s point. Your intention was clearly to insult someone using a derogatory term. Why is that acceptable to you or anyone? 

Just going to assume in that posters head that any negative connotation is bad, unless it's against white people.  Then it's completely OK to say it and thus why they did and then defended it.  How else would you describe it?

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Damon "Snacks" Harrison hinting that he's considering an offer from the Bears. 

That front 7 would be sick with him. 

You might be right on the Allen Robinson front - I don't know how all of the recent extensions will impact where the Bears stand on Robinson. I like Robinson a ton but I never think you win by paying your wide outs top dollar (you win by having a really good QB who makes his wideouts better and a team needs to be able to find new weapons pretty regularly). That said - with where the Bears are, I don't see how you don't sign Allen - especially since they have so much unused cap space this year so even if you spend more money than you'd like - your actual cost (in terms of future years - can be more manegable if you leverage the cap). 

On Harrison - is he even any good?  

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

You might be right on the Allen Robinson front - I don't know how all of the recent extensions will impact where the Bears stand on Robinson. I like Robinson a ton but I never think you win by paying your wide outs top dollar (you win by having a really good QB who makes his wideouts better and a team needs to be able to find new weapons pretty regularly). That said - with where the Bears are, I don't see how you don't sign Allen - especially since they have so much unused cap space this year so even if you spend more money than you'd like - your actual cost (in terms of future years - can be more manegable if you leverage the cap). 

On Harrison - is he even any good?  

Yeah he's pretty good. One of the better NT in the NFL, and one that actually generates some sort of pass rush. He's old which is why I'd imagine the lack of offers. He'd be a really good one year stopgap to replace Goldman. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah he's pretty good. One of the better NT in the NFL, and one that actually generates some sort of pass rush. He's old which is why I'd imagine the lack of offers. He'd be a really good one year stopgap to replace Goldman. 

I agree - he does fill a big void with Goldman out.  I just didn't know how much at this point is more based upon his reputation vs. any actual play.  But either way - it is the right type of move to make (since the loss of Goldman is huge and while Nichols and others will get a shot - good to have someone like Snacks to help with that because shutting down the run game is huge to enable our pass rush and create the turnovers that will be needed for this team to truly be good). Short fields will help the offense, etc.