Mazara Returns, Mercedes Optioned, Lambert to 45 day IL

southsider2k5

• Kalapse changed the title to Mazara Returns, Mercedes Optioned, Lambert to 45 day DL
  • Kalapse changed the title to Mazara Returns, Mercedes Optioned, Lambert to 45 day IL
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nicky can at least catch a ball at a defensive position on a roster where we have a ton of DHs.  As much as Delmonico should go (and probably will once rosters reduce to 28), this is the right move.

You already have Mazara and Garcia and Engel there's no need for Delmonico.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nicky can at least catch a ball at a defensive position on a roster where we have a ton of DHs.  As much as Delmonico should go (and probably will once rosters reduce to 28), this is the right move.

Not really.   You have a #4 OF in Engel and #5 in Leury.  

There is no role for Delmonico. 

Keep the best possible bat off the bench in case of a late inning need.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You have about 5 DH/PH types on this roster. 

Again, I pointed out to you that there are also 5 OFs already.   

If the point is you just want another glove instead of a DH guy, then Delmonico isnt' that.   Call up Basabe or Gonzalez then. 

I don't understand why you and Ricky want to die on this Delmonico hill.   

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Again, I pointed out to you that there are also 5 OFs already.   

If the point is you just want another glove instead of a DH guy, then Delmonico isnt' that.   Call up Basabe or Gonzalez then. 

I don't understand why you and Ricky want to die on this Delmonico hill.   

I honestly don't understand why anyone wants to die on the hill of a guy who couldn't make a 30 man roster, even with a few guys missing.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

I mean where is Yermin going to play? He has no spot anywhere on this ballclub. White Sox Twitter always says to play him...where? In the outfield? Why? 

That's the sad part. But also glad this is where we are in life. 2 years ago he'd have a solid chance to be 2020's Daniel Palka. Truth is both guys have SOME talent & are nice guys. But they belong on the 2017 Sox or the 2020 Royals. There's a chance they turn out to be a late bloomers and the real deal, but likely a Palka year is the best you'll ever get out of them - not part of the real future. He probably should've gotten his shot late last year and then tried to flip him in the off-season. Wish him well, but in this current state, you've got to get those AB's to EE, McCann, Collins in that order. 

Hopefully he can catch on with a bottom dweller for a few seasons and make a bit of money for his family.