Are Stone and Benetti creating a Netflix Original Stand-Up Special or calling a baseball game?

ron883

If I want to watch a good stand-up comedy routine, I'll turn on Jeff Dunham. Look, I really like the two guys, but the never ending comedy routine can get old. Anybody else think they sprinkle on the comedy a bit too thick? I just think it could be toned down a little.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's an enjoyable broadcast, take a listen to any random team's announcers and chances are they suck major ass, are completely uninformed, know nothing about the modern game and are boring as hell. Benetti and Stone are none of those.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

If I want to watch a good stand-up comedy routine, I'll turn on Jeff Dunham. Look, I really like the two guys, but the never ending comedy routine can get old. Anybody else think they sprinkle on the comedy a bit too thick? I just think it could be toned down a little.

Nah.  You're reaching.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Are you watching on TV or mlb.tv something else?

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

It does seem they are worse on the road games.  Personally I prefer to get my baseball comedy from Soxtalk and not Martin & Lewis in the booth.

Probably pretty hard - my guess is you aren't seeing near as much as when you are watching the team in-front of you. Less video angles (to see how the players are setting up in the field, etc). Plus - regardless of where they are broadcasting from, lack of fans and other sights to see during the game has to make everything that much harder.  

I couldn't imagine if this was 2 years ago in the rebuild and during COVID. Don't know how you could broadcast a terrible team without being able to have small talk on what is going on in the stands.  At least now they have a really fun team to be able to talk about in between pitches! 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Probably pretty hard - my guess is you aren't seeing near as much as when you are watching the team in-front of you. Less video angles (to see how the players are setting up in the field, etc). Plus - regardless of where they are broadcasting from, lack of fans and other sights to see during the game has to make everything that much harder.  

I couldn't imagine if this was 2 years ago in the rebuild and during COVID. Don't know how you could broadcast a terrible team without being able to have small talk on what is going on in the stands.  At least now they have a really fun team to be able to talk about in between pitches! 

As a broadcaster to take so many visual cues from things away from the main action that you just don't get when you are watching it on tv like these guys are. They can't see defensive alignments. They can't see body language.  They can't see stirring in the pen, etc. You lose so much visual information to use in the broadcast. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

We get it, youre a hipster that doesnt like comedy that 70% of america enjoys

Glad you were able to find good polling numbers on Jeff Dunham's comedy. 70% is real high for a dude whose schtick got old once I graduated high school.

• Like 2

Would you prefer cranky sullen awkward silences?  Or out of touch cliches on repeat? Or the same recycled stories from 1958?  Or tension so thick you could cut it with a knife?  

I think I'll take the professional broadcast with actual knowledgeable analysis of what's going on in the game happening live, even if the jokes are occasionally a touch too cornball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Would you prefer cranky sullen awkward silences?  Or out of touch cliches on repeat? Or the same recycled stories from 1958?  Or tension so thick you could cut it with a knife?  

I think I'll take the professional broadcast with actual knowledgeable analysis of what's going on in the game happening live, even if the jokes are occasionally a touch too cornball. 

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They should just have DJ do the broadcast.  I love that man.  Put stone back on radio and cut bendetti.

Benetti.   Honestly, would almost prefer Chris Singleton.   DJ doesn't have a voice or style for t.v., too, what's the word, laconic.   And his sense of humor is almost as off...that said, he was the perfect pairing for Farmer, but they both goofballs together.   Masur is a smooth/polished professional, but they just don't have the easy chemistry yet.

7 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

I’ll take Hawk. I agree with the comedy routine not being  funny; thank god we have players that are exciting because if I had to listen to this with Ryan Cordell or Daniel Palka it would nauseating. 

Sometimes you don't know what you have till it's gone. Hawk was the greatest. I miss his emotional calls. 

• Like 2