Are Stone and Benetti creating a Netflix Original Stand-Up Special or calling a baseball game?

ron883

16 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

If I want to watch a good stand-up comedy routine, I'll turn on Jeff Dunham. Look, I really like the two guys, but the never ending comedy routine can get old. Anybody else think they sprinkle on the comedy a bit too thick? I just think it could be toned down a little.

Im souring on Benetti very rapidly

41 minutes ago, soulfly said:

His home run calls are the absolute worst.  However, just not having Hawk call them, is going to be a huge downgrade, no matter who is calling them.  But, aside from that, he's good.

I'd rather have some false WAY BACKS, because when one goes over and the YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD YES happens, it's even more awesome.

Yea I think most of the great HR calls involved something like "That ball hit deep...back...back...back, it's outta here!".  Rick Rizzs uses that call for the most part.  It's a simple call that allows the announcer to build the suspense regardless if they read the ball off the bat.

https://www.mlb.com/video/radio-call-zunino-s-walk-off-c1476166983

Edited by chitownsportsfan

45 minutes ago, soulfly said:

His home run calls are the absolute worst.  However, just not having Hawk call them, is going to be a huge downgrade, no matter who is calling them.  But, aside from that, he's good.

I'd rather have some false WAY BACKS, because when one goes over and the YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD YES happens, it's even more awesome.

Hawk had the best HR call period and I'll fight anyone that disagrees. But if he gave us a bunch of false ones a game, we'd grow to hate it. It worked because it pretty much always signaled a home run.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea I think most of the great HR calls involved something like "That ball hit deep...back...back...back, it's outta here!".  Rick Rizzs uses that call for the most part.  It's a simple call that allows the announcer to build the suspense regardless if they read the ball off the bat.

https://www.mlb.com/video/radio-call-zunino-s-walk-off-c1476166983

What you typed out is essentially Chris Berman's home run call and is possibly the worst recognizable home run call out there.

Benetti needs a HR call because he has none right now. He's replacing the GOAT hype dude. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

He's reacting to a TV. He's not physically there with a behind the plate view.

Hawk would be calling about 10 false WAY BACKS a game in this current scenario.

And also "ok the gist of his presentation was a complete fucking lie"

And Benetti's intonation clearly showed he understood that it was an important home run, just like the awful Brew Crew.

You're mistaken. I wasn't talking about the Moncada HR specifically, I was talking about Benetti calls overall. The Moncada thing was a joke to emphasis his lame attempts at humor which I thought was pretty obvious.

Multiple posters on the site agree too much cornball, so I don't see how you can call it asinine or flat out wrong for people to feel that way. You don't, no big deal, its ok to disagree about it.

3 hours ago, T R U said:

Im only doing this by memory but im pretty sure this was the exact call on the Moncada homer last night

Benetti: Moncada lofts one to right field, Gamel heads back. Gamel getting close to the wall. (The ball goes over the wall) Hey Moncada has hit a home run, "No soup for you!" Gamel. Hey Stoney did you ever watch Seinfeld??

1 hour ago, T R U said:

You're mistaken. I wasn't talking about the Moncada HR specifically, I was talking about Benetti calls overall. The Moncada thing was a joke to emphasis his lame attempts at humor which I thought was pretty obvious.

Multiple posters on the site agree too much cornball, so I don't see how you can call it asinine or flat out wrong for people to feel that way. You don't, no big deal, its ok to disagree about it.

You look like you're specifically talking about the Moncada HR call.

The broadcast became the Steve Stone show and I don’t mind it one bit. Stone knows a lot about the intricacies of the pitcher-batter-matchup. More importantly, being paired up with Benetti allows him to utilize his dry wit. Stone is a low-key funny and entertaining guy. This side of him was completely overshadowed during the Hawk years.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

You look like you're specifically talking about the Moncada HR call.

I used it for the basis of the joke, anyone who watched the game last night knows damn well Benetti didn't talk about Seinfeld during the Moncada home run. I thought me saying "exactly" would have tipped that off.

The point was Benetti has a weak home run call and tries to throw in obscure references during the games.

39 minutes ago, T R U said:

I used it for the basis of the joke, anyone who watched the game last night knows damn well Benetti didn't talk about Seinfeld during the Moncada home run. I thought me saying "exactly" would have tipped that off.

The point was Benetti has a weak home run call and tries to throw in obscure references during the games.

Oh, I get it now. You thought you were funny and making a joke.

That's why it didn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Oh, I get it now. You thought you were funny and making a joke.

That's why it didn't make sense.

Actually, I’ll take the high road here. You can bother someone else with your snarky comments.  

Edited by T R U
Not 12 years old
  • Haha 2