8/4 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

So it's concerning that Giolito has become a 2 pitch pitcher, right? He's thrown 3 breaking balls today, 30 change ups and 35 fastballs. I don't see how that's sustainable. He did the same thing his first 2 starts as well.

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

So it's concerning that Giolito has become a 2 pitch pitcher, right? He's thrown 3 breaking balls today, 30 change ups and 35 fastballs. I don't see how that's sustainable. He did the same thing his first 2 starts as well.

It's going to be tough to draw some conclusions with regards to pitchers this year, though, too.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I don't know if it's a good idea to lock up Gio just yet. But I think they should consider it. Hes' a good one. He's going to be at the front of this pitching group for years. 

Too risky with a previous TJ surgery and our revulsion for long-term pitching contracts.

3-4 years seems to be their comfort zone, 5 is REALLY pushing it.

3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Did you watch him at all last year? This is par for the course for him. He'd throw 10 breaking balls max per start. 

Just now, fathom said:

That was an awful 3-1 swing by Mendick

White Sox just re-signed Alcides Escobar.  (Hope that's not the headline tonight, seems he left the organization in less than ideal circumstances anyway.)

Will be pretty shocked if they don't at least try to sign a veteran for the pennant race.   It's not a development year.   They'll go with Leury when Anderson is back, but they also need Leury as a back-up outfielder (not quite as much now with Mazara back, pushing Engel back into his nature role.)

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Did you watch him at all last year? This is par for the course for him. He'd throw 10 breaking balls max per start. 

He was at least using his slider 15% of the time to keep hitters on honest, that's down to 5% this year. But yeah, shortened season and all.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

81/85 fastballs/change-ups last start.

Robert is a WALKING machine.

He passed Tim Anderson's rookie season total already.

• Haha 2