soxfan49

8/4 Sox vs Brewers GT

Ricky just trying to up everyone's blood pressure for fun

• Haha 1

Man Yelich is off. Took two hittable pitches - one down the middle and one in that low/inside wheelhouse for lefties.

Just now, Heads22 said:

Obviously the right choice. ūüėõ

Never a doubt

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Did Yelich ever get accused of PEDs? Seriously. What is wrong with him this season? The last 2 seasons he looked invincible, and he is taking awful pitches. 

He did get accused of getting pitches tipped off when the whole Astros controversy broke

This might sound stupid but maybe Ricky knows something about Yelich & was told before the game (beyond "he isn't good so far this year"). They walk someone last night to load the bases and tonight he allows Cordero to go right after him with an open base

Oh man. Thank goodness that ended different then i thought it would. 

WOW.

These Sox relievers are acting like they haven't watched Yelich and Bellinger destroy the NL the last two years.    Probably a good thing, no fear/intimidation.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

man ......what do the Sox know we don't know about Yellich!!

He looks like he forgot how to hit. I hope he rediscovers his previous form after Thursday.

Lol... is Ricky just getting lucky or is there some crazy logic behind these pitching choices the last couple days?

Whose got the ninth?  Colome or Heuer?  Unfortunately I think we all know the answer which means let’s get an insurance run or two here.

Cordero had no clue strike 3 was ending up there, but fuck it, yelich didn't either, I'll take it. 

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

He did get accused of getting pitches tipped off when the whole Astros controversy broke

Interesting. I will have to look into that. i really don't understand why he is letting hangers go by on 2 strike counts. 3 times this series. 

Man. I wonder if last years rumors that yelich was getting the pitches from somewhere in RF were legit 

Conspiracy theory time.  Milwaukee was stealing signs the last couple years too (the GM came from Houston) and now their hitters have to remember how to hit without knowing what's coming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Did Yelich ever get accused of PEDs? Seriously. What is wrong with him this season? The last 2 seasons he looked invincible, and he is taking awful pitches. 

He was good in Miami and then he got great when he became teammates with Ryan Braun

Big strike zone there

WOW

ever widening zone...

Edited by SouthWallace

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

WOW.

These Sox relievers are acting like they haven't watched Yelich and Bellinger destroy the NL the last two years.    Probably a good thing, no fear/intimidation.

Bellinger?

Just now, daa84 said:

Man. I wonder if last years rumors that yelich was getting the pitches from somewhere in RF were legit 

He hit fine on the road. Unless it was an all around effort, I don't think that's the reason. Also he wasn't anywhere near this bad with Miami.