Rodon to IL, Basabe DFA’d, Lail called up

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This kinda means Detweiler is definitely slotting into the 5th slot no?

Maybe they are thinking of going with a bullpen game in the 5th starter slot until Clayton Richard is available?  I like Detwiler where he is now much more than him as a starter from what we've seen in the past.  I would love to see Dunning get a shot though.

20 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Why did anyone even have to be DFA?   Didn’t Lail just replace Rodon?

This is what I was thinking.  The DFA must be separate right?  It wasn't required for bringing the Lail up?

Edit: They had to DFA someone for a 40 man spot.  

Edited by turnin' two

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Maybe they are thinking of going with a bullpen game in the 5th starter slot until Clayton Richard is available?  I like Detwiler where he is now much more than him as a starter from what we've seen in the past.  I would love to see Dunning get a shot though.

They could just use Foster as an opener and then go to Detwiler like they did yesterday.

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

This is what I was thinking.  The DFA must be separate right?  It wasn't required for bringing the Lail up?

Edit: They had to DFA someone for a 40 man spot.  

Correct, and with Rodon only going to the 10 day list, and not the 45, there is no 40 man spot freed up.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I do not understand the DFA of Basabe. He's going to get claimed by Detroit, Miami or the like. 

Miami in particular - more MLB ready than most of their prospects and more upside than plugging holes with anonymous AAAA filler