Rodon to IL, Basabe DFA’d, Lail called up

8 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Nicky brings nothing to the table

Nicky Delmonico, OF, Chicago White Sox

Scouting Grades/Report (20-80 grading scale)

·         HIT

·         POWER

·         RUN

·         ARM

·         FIELD

·         Hollywood good looks

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I bet he doesn't get claimed.

I wouldn't be surprised.  He hasn't proven much.  He hasn't shown that he can hit the AA level, and the organization clearly feels that guys like Miker, Rutherford and Luis Gonzalez are ahead of him.  

This may also be an indication that someone like Cespedes or Colas is as good as done.  

The nice thing here is that 2 of the OF spots are spoken for for a long time.  Though depth is always nice to have, it is a bit of a puzzling move.

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Nicky Delmonico, OF, Chicago White Sox

Scouting Grades/Report (20-80 grading scale)

·         HIT

·         POWER

·         RUN

·         ARM

·         FIELD

·         Hollywood good looks

Boy if Nicky is a 65, I'm afraid of my scouting numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'm thinking Basabe makes it through waivers, I'm not sure anyone is going to add him to their 40 man roster right now when there's little chance he can contribute in 2020 though I wouldn't have taken that chance with some of the dead weight on the 40.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't think trades are going to be a very easy thing to get done this season. 

I know. I was just joking. Personally I would've kept him. Just hope the move doesn't come back to haunt us. Yet Nicky Delmonico is still employed. Nobody would claim him.

I, like others, don't really get why you DFA Basabe over Delmonico who has no role on this team with Mazara back.  But I also trust the Sox have a pretty good feel for Basabe at this point.  I can't really imagine he clears waivers, but with him being out of options next year (along with Adolfo I believe) there just isn't space for him.  

48 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Wow, looking at MILB stats, Lail has........been around a while.

Especially for a dude who is still just 26 years old. 

Just now, Kalapse said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Basabe makes it through waivers, I'm not sure anyone is going to add him to their 40 man roster right now when there's little chance he can contribute in 2020 though I wouldn't have taken that chance with some of the dead weight on the 40.

The big issue is that everyone is carrying extra players on their 40 man roster because of COVID, so there are a LOT of extra roster moves to still to come around MLB.  The only team I can think of is maybe the Cardinals, but they would need to think of Basabe as someone they could put on the roster today, like the Marlins had to do to scramble to fill slots.  But when all those things clear, they still have to get back down to 40 guys.  Its a mess.

49 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  He hasn't proven much.  He hasn't shown that he can hit the AA level, and the organization clearly feels that guys like Miker, Rutherford and Luis Gonzalez are ahead of him.  

This may also be an indication that someone like Cespedes or Colas is as good as done.  

The nice thing here is that 2 of the OF spots are spoken for for a long time.  Though depth is always nice to have, it is a bit of a puzzling move.

*one outfield spot

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

When was he DFA?! I wonder if we give them a call now...

He was sent down to their minor league camp.  Still Braves’ property.

He likely needs surgery.  If he cleared a medical exam, an acquiring team would be looking at fixing him before 2021.  But that contract going forward would be a non-zero risk based on his past performance pushing his arbitration numbers up...they would still have to pay him 20% if they cut him in the spring, right?  The problem is if they roster him and he’s out for all of 2021 due to surgery/injury, then they would have to pay him roughly $5-7 million to rehab, yes?   

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They’re still a long ways from moving Jimenez there.

Not with Robert to help out, and the logjam of EE, Abreu, Vaughn and Collins...not to mention Sheets, who has now been relegated to trade bait.

I hope when Abreu retires or is gone (3 years) Eloy immediately moves to DH.. UNLESS he improves.. But if he doesn't you have to move him. He's been hurt 3+ times just because he tried to play defense haha