Rodon to IL, Basabe DFA’d, Lail called up

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He can't play a cromulent CF from almost every report.  That means he'll never be a "damn good" 4th OF.  At best he's a AAAA type unless he radically changes his batted ball profile.  It can happen, but it's unlikely.  I'm just glad the Sox aren't in a position like the Giants where a player like Basabe is ANYWHERE near the MLB roster.

What’s wrong with his batted ball profile?  And disagree about his ability to play CF from when I’ve watched him.  And Basabe > Delmonico and was getting playing time as recently as two weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s wrong with his batted ball profile?  And disagree about his ability to play CF from when I’ve watched him.  And Basabe > Delmonico and was getting playing time as recently as two weeks ago.

Way too many ground balls from a guy that is for now strictly a corner OF.  I'm not trying to come across like I hate the guy or anything it's just that when you're a contender and have a deep 40 man like the Sox finally do these sort of guys sometimes have to be just cut loose.  If he turns out good it's the price the Sox pay for being good.  Kinda is what it is.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Way too many ground balls from a guy that is for now strictly a corner OF.  I'm not trying to come across like I hate the guy or anything it's just that when you're a contender and have a deep 40 man like the Sox finally do these sort of guys sometimes have to be just cut loose.  If he turns out good it's the price the Sox pay for being good.  Kinda is what it is.

Where are you getting his minor league batted ball data from?