Speculation: Quintana back to White Sox???, rotation ideas...

caulfield12

The problem is...who/what do we have that is expendable of any kind of significant value to trade for a good pitcher? What we really need is a solid vet on a bad team with an expiring contract. If the team can add someone that can give us a consistent 6 innings 3 ER it would be huge. 

46 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The problem is...who/what do we have that is expendable of any kind of significant value to trade for a good pitcher? What we really need is a solid vet on a bad team with an expiring contract. If the team can add someone that can give us a consistent 6 innings 3 ER it would be huge. 

I think Quintana is coming back. It wouldn't surprise me at all, and I've thought this since the moment he was traded. 

Yes, this is absolutely the case.

More evidence Cooper is just out of touch with a lot of these players. Why wouldn't have Q and he sat down and discussed this glaring problem in his skillset and some possible behavioral modifications ?

I guess that's why there are so few high quality pitching coaches in the ML.

Q didn't exactly flourish under St. Theo either.

He could be a consistent 15-20 game winner with such a pitch.

Edited by GradMc

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't believe him. When he gets the contract offers this winter he'll change his tune really quickly. 

I don't believe him either, but i am completely ok with doing that... He's a pitcher for god's sake. His arm can get ruined at any moment. I'd be ecstatic if the Sox got him on a 1 year deal. No long term risk there. We have plenty of pitching prospects that have had injury troubles. It would give us another year to evaluate our staff and the progress of Kopech, Dunning, etc. Throw 25-30m~ at Bauer and call it a day.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I don't believe him either, but i am completely ok with doing that... He's a pitcher for god's sake. His arm can get ruined at any moment. I'd be ecstatic if the Sox got him on a 1 year deal. No long term risk there. We have plenty of pitching prospects that have had injury troubles. It would give us another year to evaluate our staff and the progress of Kopech, Dunning, etc. Throw 25-30m~ at Bauer and call it a day.

Coming off last season’s disappointing (by his standards) results, $16-18 million would have been more than fair.