Madrigal leaves with injured shoulder - separated - out a month

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They already compromised by not going to 26 later.

Back when I was in sales the thinking was if they concede on one point they will continue to concede. But I believe you are correct. 

6 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'll take a separated shoulder over what appeared to be a broken forearm or dislocated elbow from his reaction. 

It depends. A separated shoulder can be a scary thing that can relapse in the future.

It all depends on whether there is damage of ligaments and cartilage.

If there isn't he should be fine but if there is it  could require surgery and be much worse than a broken forearm or wrist. 

So let's hope there is no structural damage in the shoulder.

Head first slides should not be allowed by the Sox. Imagine losing Robert for a year again  because of a stupid head first slide.  There is too much force/momentum to stop on a dime when you go in head first.  A feet first slide  allows your ass to hit and absorb the energy of the slide, not your chest and worse, your shoulder.

So we have to hold our Breath every time Robert steals knowing the oven mitt won't prevent a jambed shoulder or elbow,

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tray said:

Head first slides should not be allowed by the Sox. Imagine losing Robert for a year again  because of a stupid head first slide.  There is too much force/momentum to stop on a dime when you go in head first.  A feet first slide  allows your ass to hit and absorb the energy of the slide, not your chest and worse, your shoulder.

So we have to hold our Breath every time Robert steals knowing the oven mitt won't prevent a jambed shoulder or elbow,

Headfirst slides are far better when involved in a close play.. Far smaller tagging area AND far mobile... sooo dumb.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Did you watch the game?   Madrigal slid ass first and jammed his arm.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Did you watch the game?   Madrigal slid ass first and jammed his arm.  

Correct, but I do believe Ricky criticized the idea of trying to stretch it to third on that play. 

Hahn also said today:  "Prior to the slide last night, we were all pretty pleased with where Nick was at"

Not sure how to read that.

1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

Correct, but I do believe Ricky criticized the idea of trying to stretch it to third on that play. 

Hahn also said today:  "Prior to the slide last night, we were all pretty pleased with where Nick was at"

Not sure how to read that.

It just means they’ve been pleased with his play from the time he arrived to when he got injured. I don’t think it was a knock on his base running on that play. 

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Madrigal leaves with injured shoulder - separated - out a month