Madrigal leaves with injured shoulder - separated - out a month

southsider2k5

40 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

So Garfein says he might still need surgery in the offseason.  Similar to Trubisky last year? 

If it's that the timeframe it's a grade 2 with some instability. The only surgery would be an arthroscopic cleanup.

• knightni changed the title to Madrigal leaves with injured shoulder - separated - out a month

See that the A's are going to release Barreto - would seem to make sense in my mind to explore a trade there. Probably doesn't take much to get him at all, but based on our record we wouldn't be high on the waiver priority. I like Mendick and Leury fine, but if our scouts see anything in Barreto it could be a nice 3-4 week tryout. Former top 50 prospect i believe. 

All eyes have been on Barreto since he signed a $1.45 million deal with the Blue Jays as a 16 year old in July 2012. That scrutiny only intensified in late November 2014, when he was the key prospect in a deal that sent star third baseman Josh Donaldson to Toronto. Despite the pressure, Barreto has met or exceeded expectations at every turn. After getting a taste of the big leagues last season, Barreto seems on the verge of establishing himself as a big league regular at the tender age of 22.

Since joining the A’s before the 2015 season, Barreto has been challenged to play up a level. He spent his age-19 season in High-A with the Stockton Ports and his age-20 season with Double-A Midland. In both cases, he shook off slow starts to put together solid years.

http://oaklandclubhouse.com/oakland-athletics-2018-top-50-prospects-franklin-barreto-ss-2b/

• Like 1

Trades will be interesting this year. I can see a whole lot of teams thinking why bother for this season and keep their roster focus on 2021. With so many teams in the playoffs, it's going to add some unpredictability into who you might be playing and how you will match up.

16 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

See that the A's are going to release Barreto - would seem to make sense in my mind to explore a trade there. Probably doesn't take much to get him at all, but based on our record we wouldn't be high on the waiver priority. I like Mendick and Leury fine, but if our scouts see anything in Barreto it could be a nice 3-4 week tryout. Former top 50 prospect i believe. 

All eyes have been on Barreto since he signed a $1.45 million deal with the Blue Jays as a 16 year old in July 2012. That scrutiny only intensified in late November 2014, when he was the key prospect in a deal that sent star third baseman Josh Donaldson to Toronto. Despite the pressure, Barreto has met or exceeded expectations at every turn. After getting a taste of the big leagues last season, Barreto seems on the verge of establishing himself as a big league regular at the tender age of 22.

Since joining the A’s before the 2015 season, Barreto has been challenged to play up a level. He spent his age-19 season in High-A with the Stockton Ports and his age-20 season with Double-A Midland. In both cases, he shook off slow starts to put together solid years.

http://oaklandclubhouse.com/oakland-athletics-2018-top-50-prospects-franklin-barreto-ss-2b/

I too think Barrreto would make a lot of sense.. We need at least a backup option for the next month.. plus he may have some upside still. Why not!

https://theathletic.com/1977283/2020/08/05/do-the-white-sox-already-have-enough-to-win-with/?source=dailyemail

Do the White Sox Already Have Enough to Compete With?

“With the expectations being, right now, that both Lopey and Carlos will be able to rejoin us here in the coming weeks, I don’t think we will end up going outside,” Hahn said of trading for starting pitching. “If in fact that plan changes in terms of their availability, I do think we’ll have a few other options among our young arms down in Schaumburg that could potentially fill those voids as well. We’re, what, 11 games in? And the trade deadline’s three and a half weeks or four weeks away. So it’s a weird dynamic.”

If the White Sox, endlessly speaking of multiple championships and long-term goals before the world went to hell and left them with a 60-game season, will not trade for starting pitching, what would they trade for? They’re loath to rule out anything, but with Nomar Mazara back, Tim Anderson beginning his rehab from a groin strain on Thursday, and already a surplus of 1B/DH bats, the offense doesn’t present obvious needs even before a discussion of how Luis Robert, Eloy Jiménez and Yoán Moncada have led them to a 130 wRC+ as a team through Tuesday.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

DAMN YOU SPRINT

Pretty sure that means you get it too - due to the T-Mobile and sprint merger I thought sprint members were eligible for the T-Mobile giveaways (like the mlb tv package or the one year free subscription to the athletic).